Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd hand vinyl - Dublin

Options
  • 18-09-2014 8:42am
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'll be up in the big shmoke on Saturday (Carcass \m/ )
    What are the good 2nd hand shops around Dublin for Vinyl , looking for 90s era death / black metal. Using mail order mostly for the new releases , but will be heading to into the void and sound cellar as well.

Do most places go off discogs for pricing ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

When you're in Sound Cellar, you'll see a bunch of vinyl along the wall that you can browse through, but ask the guy behind the counter if they've got any of specific bands you're looking for, they've got a lot of stuff in the back. I did this and got an insane bargain from it (Nine Inch Nails singles that would go for 35 euro a piece on Ebay I got from there at 4 euro each.)

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭yknaa

Worth mooching into Freebird Records (Wicklow St.) Just up from the old Tower Records shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

For real metal, you should stop off at "Into the Void".
    In the basement of some womens clothes shop called Babydoll or something.
    Its Crow street, at the back entrance of The Foggy Dew

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Some other shops include;

Spindizzy Records in George's Street Arcade does new and second hand vinyl and cds

http://www.spindizzyrecords.com/

Mojos in the Merchants Arch near Halpenny Bridge does second hand vinyl

RAGE on Fade St https://www.facebook.com/RageDublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭black_frosch

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

I have , but I'll be in Dublin anyway , and fancy spending a morning browsing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭black_frosch

horgan_p wrote: »
    I have , but I'll be in Dublin anyway , and fancy spending a morning browsing.

There's 2nd hand book market in Temple Bar Square every Saturday lots of vinyl

Advertisement