Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Walker Dublin 12

• 18-09-2014 9:00am

Can anyone recommend a dog walker in the Dublin 12 area? I've e-mailed a few people from gumtree and adverts.ie but have had no replies. I also contacted a couple of "professional" dog walking companies but only one replied and they charge €20 per hour.

I've checked the local pet shop for ads and the next stop is the local vet to see if they have any.

But maybe someone here knows of someone ...?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

they charge €20 per hour.

That's the going rate these days!

tk123 wrote: »
    That's the going rate these days!

I didn't realise that, the "personal" ads mention €10-12 per hour, but hey ... they ain't replying.

I contacted the vet and they personally recommended someone who is charging €20 and, to be fair, what she does with the dogs sounds amazing ... so I guess we'll suck it up. :)

Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Can you let me know what part on D12? is it Walkinstown end or elsewhere? My nephew(15) is a dog lover and is looking for something similar to this..

jameshayes wrote: »
    Can you let me know what part on D12? is it Walkinstown end or elsewhere? My nephew(15) is a dog lover and is looking for something similar to this..

Thanks but I'm looking for someone who can come in during the day while I'm at work and I assume your nephew is in school.

Plus, I've made my peace with the €20 per hour ... as I said, what the lady we've found does sounds amazing and he's totally worth it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I a balancing act like anything else- you get what you pay for with some of them and others are just out to make a few €€'s. I know of somebody in our park who walks dogs - which involves her walking into the park and letting the dogs off lead to run amok...the other day they were boasting that they had their own lame dog out after vet had told them not to walk him for a week(!)
    On the flip side of that I know walkers who are studying/have qualifications and are always updating their skills and ways of thinking so have a clue about what's going on with the dog and can assess their needs and also do some training with them etc - the walk is tailored to the specific dog. They're also insured!

• Advertisement
Advertisement