Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

is this a good machine?

• 18-09-2014 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭

http://www.harveynorman.ie/home-appliances/coffee-machines/bosch-tassimo-multi-beverage-machine-tas1202gb.html

Hi im just starting to venture into the world of higher quality coffee at home and wondered if this was a decent starter machine.Ill only be using it for straight up coffee no fancy drinks. I spend too much while im on the road dinking coffee and would like to make one or two cups and bring them with me. Any feedback on this machine and a decent way of bringing the coffees with me appreciated (dont like the plastic travel cups or thermos) . A lot of you guys recommend the starbucks travel cup but what about a larger one for multiple servings?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

if you're looking for that type of machine then yes, it's very decent.

a lot of us in this forum can be quite particular about our coffee, but if you've tried coffee pods and you're happy with the coffee you get from them (i'm pretty sure harvey norman will give you a demo to try one before you buy), then this is a good machine to get.

if you're looking at this and similar items, the best thing you can do it check it out on amazon.co.uk and read a few reviews as on most popular products you will get the majority of your questions answered there.

you can also compare the price and go to http://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/ and throw in the amazon web address and it will give you more details, including the historical amazon price to give you sa better idea of the value.

in this particular case it's currently £49 (€62) on amazon.co.uk, but has been as low as £45 previously, so you're still getting good value for a bricks and mortar shop in HN and you'll get to have a demo of it.

personally, I prefer the TAS2002GB model, which although it is also £49 on amazon.co.uk, is €99 in HN, so I'd have a good look at both and see which you prefer before pulling the trigger. if you mention you can get the 2002 for the same price as the 1202 on amazon, you might even get a few quid knocked off the price in HN, but I'd also check power city and argos etc. for prices and go in with all the info you can to give you more bargaining power.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭dor843088

vibe666 wrote: »
    if you're looking for that type of machine then yes, it's very decent.

a lot of us in this forum can be quite particular about our coffee, but if you've tried coffee pods and you're happy with the coffee you get from them (i'm pretty sure harvey norman will give you a demo to try one before you buy), then this is a good machine to get.

if you're looking at this and similar items, the best thing you can do it check it out on amazon.co.uk and read a few reviews as on most popular products you will get the majority of your questions answered there.

you can also compare the price and go to http://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/ and throw in the amazon web address and it will give you more details, including the historical amazon price to give you sa better idea of the value.

in this particular case it's currently £49 (€62) on amazon.co.uk, but has been as low as £45 previously, so you're still getting good value for a bricks and mortar shop in HN and you'll get to have a demo of it.

personally, I prefer the TAS2002GB model, which although it is also £49 on amazon.co.uk, is €99 in HN, so I'd have a good look at both and see which you prefer before pulling the trigger. if you mention you can get the 2002 for the same price as the 1202 on amazon, you might even get a few quid knocked off the price in HN, but I'd also check power city and argos etc. for prices and go in with all the info you can to give you more bargaining power.

Is the coffee from these machines not great? Now im not sure again . Who would have thought that coffee could be such a minefield lol so many machines ,methods and variety of preferences.

dor843088 wrote: »
    Is the coffee from these machines not great? Now im not sure again . Who would have thought that coffee could be such a minefield lol so many machines ,methods and variety of preferences.

at the end of the day, it comes down to your own personal preference.

some people are happy with nescafe instant (although we don't talk about those people!:D), for others, nothing will do except ordering their own raw beans and roasting an freshly grinding them themselves every few days (yes, we have those guys here too).

everyone is different and has different tastes, so just go with what works for you. :)

try a coffee from a tassimo and see if you like it and go from there and i'm sure you'll be grand. there's tassimo multipacks available with many different types of coffee in them, so give them a shot and see which you like before ordering larger quantities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

It is more work, but to try to save money buying 2-3 americanos every morning, I have started brewing a 6 cup chemex before I leave home, I have a decent cup for breakfast and the rest fills a 470ml Contigo travel mug (which is not cheap, bit does work).

At least means good coffee while it stays hot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭dor843088

Thanks to all for the info. I pulled the trigger on the tassimo and bought a variety of different pods from power city on special as suggested so looking forward to using it and I will look into the travel mug suggested above. Who knows I might even be back soon looking for advice on a more expensive machine once I get a taste for this high quality coffee at home business. Thanks again. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

Zagato wrote: »
    It is more work, but to try to save money buying 2-3 americanos every morning, I have started brewing a 6 cup chemex before I leave home, I have a decent cup for breakfast and the rest fills a 470ml Contigo travel mug (which is not cheap, bit does work).

At least means good coffee while it stays hot
    +1 On that mug, it is unbelievable how hot and cold it can keep beverages.
    Mine has even survived me leaving it on the car roof then driving two miles up the road and coming back to to the car park to find it with one tiny dent and not one drop off coffee lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 alan spain

I have one and find it very good plus tesco stock the pods for them, i like the costa coffee and my daughter loves the Oreo hot chocolate.

Advertisement