Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fairy non-bio Vs Tesco Loves Baby Non-Bio

Options
  • 18-09-2014 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

just wondering if anyone has any opinion or experience with non-bio washing powders for baby clothes please. I was browsing in the supermarket yesterday evening trying to get a hand on non-bio powders (recommended by EVERYONE I've spoken to).

Fairy is the obvious most well known brand recommended but I spotted a range by Tesco - ' Tesco Loves Baby', all non-bio and a huge difference in price.

Has anybody used this (or any other non-bio brand) Any opinions or advice welcome - first timer here and a large box of new baby vests, baby grows, sleepsuits waiting for a first wash before s/he arrives :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭LoopyLolly88

I've used tesco & aldi non bio for my youngest had no problems what so ever just cheaper than the big brands.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭natty_asha

I have used aldi non bio to wash my daughters clothes a lot and I find it great. She has eczema and shes never had a flair up from it while I've used it. I've never used tesco's own brand so can't comment on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

I use lidls if I want to save money and m&s ecover if I can afford it. The best thing to do is compare the ingredients list. While fairy is widely used, the ingredients are similar to cheaper brands.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

I use aldi non bio powder and their fabric softener with the pic of a baby on it. No problems here at all and my skin and my daughters are quite sensitive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

I use persil non powder - the liquid gives babba a rash as does Fairy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭millie35

I have very sensitive skin and I have only recently noticed tesco loves baby washing powder. I am now on my third box and it is as good as fairy. It won't do much for difficult stains unless you soak or use stain remover on the clothes but apart from that is is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Plek Trum

Thank you so much guys for all your replies - this forum is proving invaluable for information!
    Experience is everything and for a first timer, being able to pop in here and run a few questions by people is great - will give an alternative a go and see how things progress, all seems positive to do so. Thanks again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

I have to be very careful with the detergents I use as I am very allergic to many of them. Typically I have to use baby detergent, even for myself. So I was delighted to discover the Aldi non bio called Almat. Absolutely brilliant, very cheap and gentle on my skin. I use their baby conditioner too and I've not had any reaction. I used it on all of the baby's clothes and blankets as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I use aldi non bio powder on the baby's clothes and it is great and amazing for stains ! I haven't had to throw out bibs/vests/babygrows etc. I would not recommend their fabric softener though as it is not as good as the White comfort or white lenor. It defo doesn't leave the clothes as soft nor does the scent stay on as long.

Persil non bio small and mighty Is brill too. Love love love the scent and great on stains.

Fairy is lovely but overpriced IMHO. Love the scent too :)

For our clothes I use the aldi bio powder, it is by the far the best bio detergent out there! In fact I found it is the only detergent to get mucky rugby jerseys clean I one wash!

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭newtoboards

I was using fairy non bio but I'm now using the Tesco loves Baby non bio and it's all good! My son has shocking eczema and we still have him in Milton baths and hydromol baths regularly. The change in detergent made no difference to his eczema so I would say it's equally as good as the fairy. It isn't good at getting out stains but it's a non bio and really cheap in comparison.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Fairy non bio was a disaster here so I don't think anything could we worse.
    Lidl or Tesco purple washing liquid tabs or an eco egg is what we use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Fairy non bio was a disaster here so I don't think anything could we worse.
    Lidl or Tesco purple washing liquid tabs or an eco egg is what we use.

How do you find the Eco egg? Is it worth getting? I'm trying to use more Eco friendly things round the house but they're so expensive!

Advertisement