Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

potty training

Options
  • 18-09-2014 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭

what a joy.

we've been at it 3 weeks. Progressed well at first but last week he's just been holding it in for hours, walking around clearly in need to go to toilet but can't when he tries it on potty.

has anyone had experience of regression? or has any tips?

we haven't been hard on him about it. But we've hit a wall basically.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Holding it in and then being unable to go when put on toilet? I'd be taking him to the GP to rule out a uti or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

January wrote: »
    Holding it in and then being unable to go when put on toilet? I'd be taking him to the GP to rule out a uti or similar.

yep. Ok maybe I'll see with the GP thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭addob

Our son when through this stage as well in potty training, he was almost climbing the walls in need to go pee but just wouldn't. He'd hold it until nap time (when we would put on a pull-up) or bath time when he'd stand there and go.

Once you check it out with your GP have a google about holding it or fear or releasing in potty training, I was reassured when I saw I wasn't alone and eventually he overcame the fear of 'letting go'.

It was the most difficult stage for me (emotionally) to deal with during the training.

Advertisement