Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes Shop & Save [TESCO NOT ACCEPTING THEM]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

ando wrote: »
    Mad that some stores do this and others dont, plus you're using multiple vouchers in one spend.. thought that was not allowed

You can use up to four vouchers in one transaction, as long as you spend the sum of the thresholds of all the vouchers you use.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Phil1969

Quackster wrote: »
    No, it's only a small number of their generally smaller city stores that issue the €5 off €25 spend vouchers (and their NI stores issue £5 off £25 spend vouchers). Most are in Dublin, with one or two in each of Cork, Limerick, Galway and Waterford.

Wexford seems the odd one out here - maybe it's a smaller than usual store and/or they've particularly low market-share in the town?

I see, yeah Wexford store is only small plus lots of competition here with Tesco extra, Supervalu, Lidl, Aldi etc.

ando wrote: »
    Mad that some stores do this and others dont, plus you're using multiple vouchers in one spend.. thought that was not allowed

You can in Dunnes use spend vouchers if spend the amount of the spends. The extra 10 euro is off the AIB rewards, which you get for spending over 50 euro but that is credited back into your bank account by AIB not Dunnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Not sure if it's been mentioned already but the €5 off €25 vouchers look to be back again. Got 1 in the Georges Street, Dublin store today!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

johnnykilo wrote: »
    Not sure if it's been mentioned already but the €5 off €25 vouchers look to be back again. Got 1 in the Georges Street, Dublin store today!

Its store specific- only some stores have ever done it- and I'm not aware that George's Street ever stopped issuing them (I know I got one there last week in Feb).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Its store specific- only some stores have ever done it- and I'm not aware that George's Street ever stopped issuing them (I know I got one there last week in Feb).

The smaller dunnes offer the 5 off 25. Suits me and the wife better as we generally wouldn't spend 50 on a weekly shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭MB05

I've received them in Talbot St, Donaghmede Shopping Centre, Northside Shopping Centre and Pavillions in Swords over the last 3 weeks. Seems like most Dublin shops are doing them.

Yeah, Georges Street and Stephens Green both went to €8 off €40 for the last 6-8 weeks. Glad they're back to €5 off €25 as it's difficult enough to buy €40 worth of stuff in a place with mostly convenience items like Georges Street, Stephens Green less so.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 lookyhere

Is that when you make a non-food purchase? Do you know what is the minimum spend to trigger it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Top tip: Some Tesco's take your Dunnes vouchers even when they're not in date. Depends on staff member, I'm not sure if they get audited or whether i've just come across some not doing their job right but there you go.

• Advertisement

Top tip: Some Tesco's take your Dunnes vouchers even when they're not in date. Depends on staff member, I'm not sure if they get audited or whether i've just come across some not doing their job right but there you go.

I thought all Tesco took them although it may depend if there is a Dunnes store close by that issues the vouchers.

As for the expired vouchers, I recall the check out operators checking the dates but maybe not all, and I am sure after scanning them they throw them away but maybe I am wrong. I will certainly pay more attention as I often have expired vouchers as can not use them quick enough.

I am now trying to only shop in Dunnes and Tesco for my shopping and make use of the Dunnes vouchers in both although the Tesco operators often pull faces when you have them a Dunnes voucher especially when you shop for nearly the exact amount :D.

I did spend quite a bit in Supervalu but getting sick of their pricing errors which happen way to often, and when you pull them for it, they are not happy. It is quite often only 50 cents here and there but it definitely adds up with them as I mean, it happens very often. Once an item was nearly 2.50 over charged. And, the thing with supervalu, it is not like Dunnes or even Tesco whereby you get the item for free plus money back when they over charge you.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

there were some reports of tesco staff getting in trouble for this.

My tesco staff always check, the younger ones, probably more worried about it can double check with managers even when clearly in date.

So while I do not have much concious about taking advantage of tesco, I do not want the staff getting in trouble, so do not try it (and I have binned a few I could have tried)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

lookyhere wrote: »
    Is that when you make a non-food purchase? Do you know what is the minimum spend to trigger it?
    They told me it’s random.
    For whatever reason my card will get them even if I only spend €1!! I even get them from clothes dunnes shops! I have also gotten more than 1 in a day (separate transactions)!

lookyhere wrote: »

No in my experience as long as I scan my Value Club card I've always got it. I've often just bought a small carton of milk, or even just chewing gum and got the voucher on the receipt - just as long as I scanned my Value Club card first.

No in my experience as long as I scan my Value Club card I've always got it. I've often just bought a small carton of milk, or even just chewing gum and got the voucher on the receipt - just as long as I scanned my Value Club card first.

That is good to know, I scanned my club card the other day at the self service, only spent a few euros and was surprised to get a 8 euro off a 40 euro spend. However, I prefer the 5 euro off 25 euro spends as I prefer going for smaller shops, and used mine on a bigger shop last week and because of that I ended up with a 10 euro off a 50 euro shop :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,945 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Phil1969 wrote: »
    That is good to know, I scanned my club card the other day at the self service, only spent a few euros and was surprised to get a 8 euro off a 40 euro spend. However, I prefer the 5 euro off 25 euro spends as I prefer going for smaller shops, and used mine on a bigger shop last week and because of that I ended up with a 10 euro off a 50 euro shop :confused:

what store
    deffo not in Blanch

#anyone know if it works in cornelscourt?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭keos

Seve OB wrote: »
    what store
    deffo not in Blanch

I suspect this is the list of stores:

Bray Grocery, Finglas Cardiffbridge Road, Georges St Convenience, Henry St, North Earl St., Stephens Green, Saggart, Harveys Quay Limerick, Drogheda West Street Grocery, Edward Square Galway, Redmond Square Wexford, Patrick St & Bishopstown Curraheen Rd Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭AhrSkidar

Similar for me in both of the Dunnes in Athlone. Long may it last. :)

what store
    deffo not in Blanch

My local store is Wexford, Redmond square

keos wrote: »
    I suspect this is the list of stores:

Bray Grocery, Finglas Cardiffbridge Road, Georges St Convenience, Henry St, North Earl St., Stephens Green, Saggart, Harveys Quay Limerick, Drogheda West Street Grocery, Edward Square Galway, Redmond Square Wexford, Patrick St & Bishopstown Curraheen Rd Cork.

yea signs are up in Henry street
    but they aren't giving vouchers for small spends. well i didnt get one anyway, spent a fiver on my lunch which used to be more than enough there to trigger the till spit for 2 off 25

how much are you guys spending to trigger the voucher?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭keos

yea signs are up in Henry street
    but they aren't giving vouchers for small spends. well i didnt get one anyway, spent a fiver on my lunch which used to be more than enough there to trigger the till spit for 2 off 25

how much are you guys spending to trigger the voucher?

yeah, there is a minumum spend required, something between 10 and 20, but dont know exactly.

In my experience, a spend between 10 and 20 will trigger a 8/40 voucher.

They don't give much details.

* Selected Valueclub members receive an exclusive offer of (1) † €8 off €40 voucher upon swiping their card in the transaction. Max 1 Voucher is issued per transaction. This promotion is valid for all ROI stores

If you spend 25 (in any of the stores I listed), you are issued 2 vouchers: 5/25 and 8/40.

keos wrote: »
    yeah, there is a minumum spend required, something between 10 and 20, but dont know exactly.

In my experience, a spend between 10 and 20 will trigger a 8/40 voucher.

They don't give much details.

* Selected Valueclub members receive an exclusive offer of (1) † €8 off €40 voucher upon swiping their card in the transaction. Max 1 Voucher is issued per transaction. This promotion is valid for all ROI stores

If you spend 25 (in any of the stores I listed), you are issued 2 vouchers: 5/25 and 8/40.

Yeah, I normally get 2 vouchers: 5/25 and 8/40 when I spend 25 to 30 euros but if you spend over 40, you do not get the 5/25 voucher and spend over 50 I only got the 10/50 which I avoid using as it means I need to do too big a shop. If I have spare 8/40 vouchers then I use them at Tesco :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

what store
    deffo not in Blanch

I spent €6 in cornelscourt a few minutes ago and didn't get a voucher

The last one I got on Thursday I spent €2. I have got them when I spent a euro or two so I don't think there is a minimum spend.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

MB05 wrote: »
    The last one I got on Thursday I spent €2. I have got them when I spent a euro or two so I don't think there is a minimum spend.

Do you scan a ValueClub card to get them or do you get them regardless?

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Thestones

MB05 wrote: »

I used to always get them regardless of spend but lately I'm not getting them at all, I usually am in cornelscourt. I wonder is the value club card system clever enough to know you don't use them afterwards, I used to get them but spend them in Tesco.

Thestones wrote: »
    I used to always get them regardless of spend but lately I'm not getting them at all, I usually am in cornelscourt. I wonder is the value club card system clever enough to know you don't use them afterwards, I used to get them but spend them in Tesco.

If the value card at Dunnes is anything like Tesco's then it takes in a huge amount of information when you use your loyalty card. I am sure it knows when you use them so it will know when your not using them. But it may not know when or where you got the vouchers from. I have received plenty of the shop and spend vouchers without using my Dunnes card. In fact, for a while I never even bothered with the Dunnes card.

Quackster wrote: »
    Do you scan a ValueClub card to get them or do you get them regardless?

You have to scan your value clubcard to get them.

didnt get any today in georges street spent just short of 8 quid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I got two today. One in foodhall (spent €30) and one in clothes section (spent €5).
    They scanned my things first then scanned my card
    ;)

Advertisement