Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes Shop & Save [TESCO NOT ACCEPTING THEM]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭millie35

I used one today, for clothes only, in my local Tesco, they didn't bat an eyelid!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

millie35 wrote: »
    I used one today, for clothes only, in my local Tesco, they didn't bat an eyelid!

It’s not every Tesco and depends on the checkout person too
    The fella that was dealing with me went to check with his supervisor that I could have a toy, she let me off this time

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 29,367 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Dunnes voucher in this weekends Sunday World... saw ad for it in Herald.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭meath4sam

Why do people spend theses vouchers in Tesco, does it not make more sense to spend them in Dunne’s and in doing so get an other for next week or am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,308 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

meath4sam wrote: »
    Why do people spend theses vouchers in Tesco, does it not make more sense to spend them in Dunne’s and in doing so get an other for next week or am I missing something?

In general yes if prices are the same it's much better to spend it in Dunnes but at certain times with deals particularly on spirits and crates Tesco makes more sense to use it in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,478 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We don't have a Dunnes nearby and in the past we've calculated what our shopping would cost in Dunnes vs Tesco and we've always found Dunnes more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Confirmed Dunnes Voucher in the coming Sunday World, from Sunday World Tweet. Link here

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I already have a Dunnes voucher that I will use in Dunnes again. I don't need a second one. But if there's something on offer in Tesco I want to stock up on, I can use a spare Dunnes voucher there.

Case in point, I've a spare voucher from last Sunday's Sindo and am mulling over picking up a bottle of Roe & Co which is currently on offer in Tesco for €35.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Quackster wrote:
    Case in point, I've a spare voucher from last Sunday's Sindo and am mulling over picking up a bottle of Roe & Co which is currently on offer in Tesco for €35.

But wont you still have to spend Euro 50 in Tesco in order to use the voucher.

Gooser14 wrote: »
    But wont you still have to spend Euro 50 in Tesco in order to use the voucher.

Yep. I'll have no bother making up the balance as I'd do some bit of shopping in Tesco most weeks anyway.

• Advertisement

Dunnes is more expensive

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Dunnes is more expensive

It is and it isn't. It entirely depends on what you're buying.

If you go into Dunnes with the intention of doing all your shopping there, it certainly will work out more expensive.

Quackster wrote: »
    It is and it isn't. It entirely depends on what you're buying.

If you go into Dunnes with the intention of doing all your shopping there, it certainly will work out more expensive.

yes i made that mistake a while back, need to graze the bargains really

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Came back from two weeks holidays and my Dunnes Vouchers had expired. The lady in front of me in the queue had a spare one and the guy behind me also had a spare one which they let me have.
    If im not going to tescos goining forward Ill leave my spare in date vouchers at the till for some else to use!

Tescos accept the Dunnes Vouchers for all most everything. It seems to be at the discretion of Local management. I think they are happy that you are not spending €40 at Dunnes and they are getting your footfall.

RevBJ

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

If im not going to tescos goining forward Ill leave my spare in date vouchers at the till for some else to use!

I used to do this in my local Dunnes but they had to stop accepting them because it seems some woman kept coming in demanding the till staff give her spare ones and if they didn't have any she was going round the shop hassling people!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Ill leave my spare in date vouchers at the till for some else to use!
    In tesco I give them to people with big trolleys already full, or if I see people getting a load of booze, as you can easily add in an extra bottle of spirits to hit the 50. I rarely can hit the 50 so am always getting booze, easy to carry and spirits don't go off. Also they are handy as gifts if not drinking yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,733 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Tesco refusing competitor coupons from 25/07
    E9BFrL1.jpg?1
    panic-590x260.jpg

I don’t think that’s nationwide as nothing is on their twitter or Facebook page, maybe someone could ask them on Twitter or Facebook, I’m not signed up to either of them

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭gelsthe

zell12 wrote:
    Tesco refusing competitor coupons from 25/07

I used one in new Dublin store yesterday and the cashier said they were stopping accepting them soon... 😞

I used one yesterday in cork and no signage up or mention of it anywhere

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I don’t think that’s nationwide as nothing is on their twitter or Facebook page, maybe someone could ask them on Twitter or Facebook, I’m not signed up to either of them

Similar signage in Maynooth, Celbridge and Lucan- same date- Wednesday the 25th July. Looks like that particular party is over.

Similar signage in Maynooth, Celbridge and Lucan- same date- Wednesday the 25th July. Looks like that particular party is over.

Ah well 4 years was a good run

Ah well 4 years was a good run

That Jack Daniels on special would make a nice parting present- at 2 for 50, plus a tenner off.......... If you like Jack Daniels that is......... Its the same price as in Supervalu- guess it'll shoot up in price as soon as the stocks they had before the increase in duty came in run out.

Saves me buying the Sunday world today for the voucher

God- poor Independent News and Media- their sales will be decimated!

God- poor Independent News and Media- their sales will be decimated!

There is no news in that rag of a paper
    This will be a big win for dunnes stores

There is no news in that rag of a paper
    This will be a big win for dunnes stores

Dunno- they've been revamping their stores- some like Maynooth are now specifically targetting the student market- others, like Cornelscourt- and a freaking nightmare- impossible to find anything in, and you nearly need a map to find your way out of. Its irrelevant how many vouchers they give people- if its improbably expensive to begin with- and they're now removing a lot of lines in some stores- and making other stores so unfriendly to use that you'd happily spend more elsewhere..........

They don't seem to care either- I did give them feedback (via Anne) when they made all the changes over in Cornelscourt- she said someone would be back to me- nope, they weren't.

I left Supervalu- when they took over Superquinn and got rid of so many lines that I was familiar with. Think I'm going to be going with local shops in future- weekly shop bedamned.

Lidl and ALDI for me now
    I find dunnes too expensive even with the voucher, only seem to do well if you grab the special offers

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

still going for a few days. No decent booze offers in tesco at the moment -which is what I spend the bulk of mine on, still have beer from christmas.

This will hopefully mean better deals can be offered in tesco. They were being screwed by the likes of me going in buying cases of guinness for 20euro and then using the dunnes voucher on top of it.

Whenever vouchers were in the paper the cheap spirits would sell out in a flash, and they were already below cost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Me2

Advertisement