Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes Shop & Save [TESCO NOT ACCEPTING THEM]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Sunday independent confirmed on twitter that they’ll have the €10 off €50 vouchers for dunnes this Sunday.

Perfect timing for the drink offers starting tomorrow

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Dunnes voucher in today’s Examiner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

honeybear wrote: »

Hi, can it be used in Tesco? Is it €10 off €50?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Hi, can it be used in Tesco? Is it €10 off €50?

No, it can't be used in Tesco, only Dunnes.
    Yes, it is €10 off €50.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Yes, it is €10 off €50.

Thank you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Donkey OTae

Anyone help? Where is the voucher in the Examiner. I've gone through the paper 3 times now. I'm starting to get RSI.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Anyone help? Where is the voucher in the Examiner. I've gone through the paper 3 times now. I'm starting to get RSI.

It was a standalone flier in the paper. I ALWAYS check to make sure it’s there as I’ve often bought paper to find it’s not in there

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

that post was yesterday so I presume it was in yesterdays Examiner and in todays Indo

Big a4 leaflet in the magazine section of saturdays examiner
    I took mine out before I paid for the shopping

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Donkey OTae

It was a standalone flier in the paper. I ALWAYS check to make sure it’s there as I’ve often bought paper to find it’s not in there
    Thanks, yip it was yesterday's Examiner I bought. I thought I was going mad. Thanks again. I'll bring it back

• Advertisement

Thanks, yip it was yesterday's Examiner I bought. I thought I was going mad. Thanks again. I'll bring it back

Some sneaky people swipe them out of the paper

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Some sneaky people swipe them out of the paper

Sneaky people my arse, folk who resort to that sh1t are scumbags!

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭holly8

contact the Examiner, they will send you out another one

holly8 wrote: »
    contact the Examiner, they will send you out another one

Dunnes will cover it too if the person is going there anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3 GruaigRua

Yes, it is €10 off €50.

Tesco stopped accepting Dunnes Shop & Save vouchers last Wednesday according to my checkout operator today, so don't get stung like I did today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

is it only Dunnes ones they have stopped taking ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Do Lidl and Aldi accept the Dunnes €10 off vouchers?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,367 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Do Lidl and Aldi accept the Dunnes €10 off vouchers?

No and they never did, even for people with Costanza level blagging skills!

Tesco have stopped taking competitor coupons.
    The only place that will take Dunnes vouchers is Dunnes.
    The party is over.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,733 ✭✭✭✭zell12

To point out
    zell12 wrote: »
    Tesco refusing competitor coupons from 25/07
    https://www.tesco.ie/CompetitorCoupons/
    E9BFrL1.jpg?1
    panic-590x260.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

odyssey06 wrote: »

The party is over.
    I think they will start 'the party' again once Dunnes start issuing the vouchers by post to their card holders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,367 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Dovies wrote: »
    I think they will start 'the party' again once Dunnes start issuing the vouchers by post to their card holders.

Possibly we might see Tesco doing their own targeted mailshot with 'Tesco' spend and save coupons to clubcard holders and accepting them. They did that last Christmas.

But for now, I'm not holding out any hope of a general resumption of the policy with Tesco.

That said, I have voted with my feet - this weekend's shop was in Dunnes rather than Tesco because I had a voucher. I won't be alone in switching I suspect.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Possibly we might see Tesco doing their own targeted mailshot with 'Tesco' spend and save coupons to clubcard holders and accepting them. They did that last Christmas.

But for now, I'm not holding out any hope of a general resumption of the policy with Tesco.

That said, I have voted with my feet - this weekend's shop was in Dunnes rather than Tesco because I had a voucher. I won't be alone in switching I suspect.
    I rarely shop in Dunnes and only used the vouchers that came in the post in Tesco. So if Dunnes post me some more I will be spending them there instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,485 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Is there a change in the periods of validity- it used to be- voucher valid from the day after the day of issue- for 10 days. Voucher issued today valid from tomorrow until Tuesday of next week (despite next Mon being a bank holiday- and not the 10 days- I'd have expected Thurs/Fri of next week :( ??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Is there a change in the periods of validity- it used to be- voucher valid from the day after the day of issue- for 10 days. Voucher issued today valid from tomorrow until Tuesday of next week (despite next Mon being a bank holiday- and not the 10 days- I'd have expected Thurs/Fri of next week :( ??
    I just got two €10 off €50 vouchers and both are valid from 31/07 - 09/08, the €5 off €25 I got on the 24th is valid from 25/07 - 03/08 so there doesn't look to have been any change, in my local branch anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

The party is over.

B*llocks! I hate Dunnes, and I hate the Sunday Independent. My brother bought it by accident yesterday. Oh well, guess I can use Barry Egan's gossip column as toilet paper :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

B*llocks! I hate Dunnes, and I hate the Sunday Independent. My brother bought it by accident yesterday. Oh well, guess I can use Barry Egan's gossip column as toilet paper :)

wiping sh1te with sh1te :D -

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Westeros

Can these be used on drink? Or are they just accepting them on groceries/food?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭TheShow

Westeros wrote: »
    Can these be used on drink? Or are they just accepting them on groceries/food?

all food & groceries except baby items and fags & lotto

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Mike3549

You also cannot use it for mobile top-ups and gift vouchers.
    Btw used it a lot of times for baby milk formula in my local dunnes, it all depends on staff working there, dont think the tills are somehow programmed to take the prohibited items into account

Advertisement