Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes Shop & Save [TESCO NOT ACCEPTING THEM]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,367 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Booze and food and groceries - Yes.

But they usually won't take them for medicines (e.g. pack of aspirin, alka seltzer), clothes (e.g. socks) or the JML type stuff like mops they have in some stores

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,733 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Better image of the postal coupons received
    QY1SCNa.jpg?1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Mike3549 wrote: »
    You also cannot use it for mobile top-ups and gift vouchers.
    Btw used it a lot of times for baby milk formula in my local dunnes, it all depends on staff working there, dont think the tills are somehow programmed to take the prohibited items into account

Its only infant formula banned, follow on milk etc is ok

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

zell12 wrote: »
    Better image of the postal coupons received
    QY1SCNa.jpg?1

are we all getting these in the post?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

I never get vouchers in the post from dunnes

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,308 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

So with the postal €10 off €40 voucher could I use it with a €10 off €50 spend voucher to purchase €50 worth of stuff for €30?

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭sceach16

So with the postal €10 off €40 voucher could I use it with a €10 off €50 spend voucher to purchase €50 worth of stuff for €30?

NO.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,367 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

No, but according to the small print (if you are on mobile maybe you can't see it), you could use two if you spent €90.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

No, but if you have the above coupons + indo coupon, you'd get €45 off a spend of €190

€25 off 100 + €10 off 40 + €10 off 50.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

CeilingFly wrote: »
    No, but if you have the above coupons + indo coupon, you'd get €45 off a spend of €190

€25 off 100 + €10 off 40 + €10 off 50.

Yep, a bottle of Midleton for €135 I'm thinking! :D

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

You also cannot use it for mobile top-ups

That's what I used to buy in Tesco with the Dunnes vouchers along with cheap drink.
    Tesco must have got loads of business on the back of the Dunnes vouchers, wonder will they stay with them now?

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭CFC007

Is there any vouchers this weekend in the papers? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

CFC007 wrote: »
    Is there any vouchers this weekend in the papers? Thanks

I’d say it’s unlikely.
    Last weeks vouchers were valid until Tuesday 7th, don’t think they’d have given the extra 3 days if they were going to have them in the papers this week.

Usually the respective paper will tweet about them on Friday or Saturday

Sunday World has tweeted about tomorrow’s paper saying there’s a premier league magazine and 20% voucher for jack and jones so it wouldn’t appear they have dunnes vouchers.

Sunday independent will tweet their front cover later on, you’ll know then but wouldn’t be expecting anything

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

https://www.tesco.ie/CompetitorCoupons/

No longer accepted since the 23rd of July it seems :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Icsics

Have been on hols so no coupons stocked up. Got a Tesco mailing 2day, are we due a Dunnes one, think it usually has money off coupons. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

mystic86 wrote: »
    https://www.tesco.ie/CompetitorCoupons/

No longer accepted since the 23rd of July it seems :(:(:(

And the winner of the most ironic username on boards is......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

And the winner of the most ironic username on boards is......

? I am just back from holidays and they didn't accept my voucher last night. Thanks for that though.

Costs €2.90 on 08/09
    8uT0WoG.jpg

Noticed Dunnes have relabelled an EverydaySaver range
    Eggs 6 €1
    Porridge
    Pancakes 84c
    Beans 420g x4 €1
    & more

Shows that competitors are turning up the heat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Dunnes are really poor for own brand products, lots of items on our list are only available in branded products. Be great to see the range extended.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Dunnes are really poor for own brand products, lots of items on our list are only available in branded products. Be great to see the range extended.

However- the plus is a lot of their own brand products- are actually of a higher quality than some of the branded competing products they sell (such as the yoghurts, salted butter and a shedload of other fresh foods (e.g. their own brand pastries are nice- the Stafford ****e they sell is appalling muck..........)

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭holly8

zell12 wrote: »
    Costs €2.90 on 08/09
    8uT0WoG.jpg

Tnx, I used to always get the Sindo for this...but just not the same since Tesco stopped taking them!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

holly8 wrote: »
    Tnx, I used to always get the Sindo for this...but just not the same since Tesco stopped taking them!

Me2

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I wish they would do a dual voucher, 10/50 or can be used as 5/25. I would definitely use a 5/25 one.

Iceland have 10/50 voucher in tomorrows sunday world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Found quality of their meat and veg is gone down, and short dated. Did a shop in Lidl last week for first time in so long. So, so much better; cheaper, lasted much longer too.

Done with Dunnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,405 ✭✭✭✭road_high

xpletiv wrote: »
    Found quality of their meat and veg is gone down, and short dated. Did a shop in Lidl last week for first time in so long. So, so much better; cheaper, lasted much longer too.

Done with Dunnes.

I find this more of an issue in SV- I literally check everything fresh before I buy it as been caught out in the past.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

rubadub wrote: »
    I wish they would do a dual voucher, 10/50 or can be used as 5/25. I would definitely use a 5/25 one.

Iceland have 10/50 voucher in tomorrows sunday world.

Maynooth seems to have restarted the 5/25s today- no posters or anything up about it though.................

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Maynooth seems to have restarted the 5/25s today- no posters or anything up about it though.................

You can randomly get a €5 off €25 or €8 off €40 voucher on swiping your ValueClub card, regardless of your spend, so that might be what happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Done with Dunnes.

Thanks for sharing

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Joziburg

Done with Dunnes.

I tend to find that too, the veg doesn't last half as long as lidl/aldi.

Advertisement