Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes Shop & Save [TESCO NOT ACCEPTING THEM]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭xpletiv

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing

uh... youre welcome?

Just what ive noticed. Ive been a dunnes shopper for about 5 years. I missed a date on a voucher and so went to lidl instead. instead of 3 or 4 days for meat, its closer to 5, 6 or 7.

Veg cheaper and imo, better quality too.

Dunnes has lost its way. Simple as.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

xpletiv wrote: »
    uh... youre welcome?

Just what ive noticed. Ive been a dunnes shopper for about 5 years. I missed a date on a voucher and so went to lidl instead. instead of 3 or 4 days for meat, its closer to 5, 6 or 7.

Veg cheaper and imo, better quality too.

Dunnes has lost its way. Simple as.

Fruit and veg is far too expensive in dunnes in the first place, it’s not a place to do a full shop, if you have a voucher then have a look at the special offers in store and if you think you can spend €50 go for it
    You need to graze the offers, the drink is normally cheap in there.

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭BlondeBomb

Quackster wrote: »
    You can randomly get a €5 off €25 or €8 off €40 voucher on swiping your ValueClub card, regardless of your spend, so that might be what happened?

Yeah I often get €5 off €25 when my spend might by €10 or less.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,945 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

BlondeBomb wrote: »
    Yeah I often get €5 off €25 when my spend might by €10 or less.

still?
    what shop?

I thought most places did away with that now and you need to spend the 50 to get 10 off

• Registered Users Posts: 24,733 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Seve OB wrote: »
    still? what shop? I thought most places did away with that now and you need to spend the 50 to get 10 off
    It's a random till spit that some selected valuclub members get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭MB05

I got one from Pavilions in Swords at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Seve OB wrote: »
    still?
    what shop?

I thought most places did away with that now and you need to spend the 50 to get 10 off

We don’t shop in Dunnes often but whenever we do we get a 5 off 25. It’s been happening for months.

xbDAgcM.jpg?1
    €1 for an avocado. Tesco/Aldi/Lidl 69c
    €1 for Tuna in sunflower. Lidl 89c

zell12 wrote: »
    xbDAgcM.jpg?1
    €1 for an avocado. Tesco/Aldi/Lidl 69c
    €1 for Tuna in sunflower. Lidl 89c

You mean to say dunnes are more expensive for groceries than ALDI and Lidl
    Get outta town

• Registered Users Posts: 15,945 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Is there vouchers in today’s paper does anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

OmegaGene wrote: »
    You mean to say dunnes are more expensive for groceries than ALDI and Lidl
    Get outta town

It's a fine art to get a bargain in Dunnes these days. A lot of their own brand basics (bread, OJ, milk etc) are the same price but fruit and veg are ridiculously expensive. Grapes that are €1.99 in Tesco = €2.99 in Dunnes or 2 for a fiver which is still dearer.

You need to combine special offers with reduced short dated stock with particular own brand stuff and be working with a €5 off €25 rather than €10 off €50.

It's EXHAUSTING.

123654789 wrote: »
    It's a fine art to get a bargain in Dunnes these days. A lot of their own brand basics (bread, OJ, milk etc) are the same price but fruit and veg are ridiculously expensive. Grapes that are €1.99 in Tesco = €2.99 in Dunnes or 2 for a fiver which is still dearer.

You need to combine special offers with reduced short dated stock with particular own brand stuff and be working with a €5 off €25 rather than €10 off €50.

It's EXHAUSTING.

Yeah I mentioned that earlier in the week
    You need to be on the ball wherever you shop, personally I use them all getting whatever’s on offer
    I had two vouchers for dunnes last week €10 off €40 and €10 off €50
    Couldn’t justify a spend of more than €50 without it being a waste of money of that makes sense
    I got my bargains and left the other voucher for the woman behind me.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Did a €50 shop this morning. Got a €5 off €25 spend voucher as well as the normal €10 off €50 in my receipt. First time this has happened me as far as I remember.

Availed of some decent bargains in their new value range promotion; four tins of baked beans, 454g dairy ice cream & 1kg sugar for €1. Also delighted to see they've substantially reduced the price of their excellent dishwasher tablets to be more competitive (40 for €2).

Unfortunately free range chickens are still much more expensive than Tesco/Lidl/Aldi (€6 versus €4). Can't have it all I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,478 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I was told by somebody recently that Tesco accepted a Super-Valu voucher off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Did a €50 shop this morning. Got a €5 off €25 spend voucher as well as the normal €10 off €50 in my receipt. First time this has happened me as far as I remember.

Availed of some decent bargains in their new value range promotion; four tins of baked beans, 454g dairy ice cream & 1kg sugar for €1. Also delighted to see they've substantially reduced the price of their excellent dishwasher tablets to be more competitive (40 for €2).

Unfortunately free range chickens are still much more expensive than Tesco/Lidl/Aldi (€6 versus €4). Can't have it all I suppose.

Agreed about the dishwasher tabs. However impo you can't beat the Dunnes chickens or their 5%fat mince.Lovely flavour and consistently good

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Agreed about the dishwasher tabs. However impo you can't beat the Dunnes chickens or their 5%fat mince.Lovely flavour and consistently good

Are Dunnes Dishwasher tablets good compared to main brands?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Actually yes, I can say they were excellent when i did my main shops from there. Lidl has totally taken over from me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

No I find them bad. Compared to LIDL dishwasher tablets or main brands.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

They are enclosed in a dissolvable wrapper so you just pop them straight into the dishwasher without the hassle of having to unwrap them. Such a convenience.

I find they clean just as well, if not better, than the other own-brand tablets I've tried.

Dunnes publish some prices of their basics :eek:
    https://online.flippingbook.com/view/475415

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭billbond4

They are enclosed in a dissolvable wrapper so you just pop them straight into the dishwasher without the hassle of having to unwrap them. Such a convenience.

I find they clean just as well, if not better, than the other own-brand tablets I've tried.

For me I found the lidl ones better, the dunnes ones never got tea stains off cups.
    Could be down to the water where I live but I went back to lidl ones after dunnes ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,367 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

There will be a 10e off 50 shop in next weeks Sunday Independent ie October 14.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

odyssey06 wrote: »
    There will be a 10e off 50 shop in next weeks Sunday Independent ie October 14.
    BDw0Rmf.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Reminder that a €10 voucher is in the LIFE magazine in tomorrow’s Sunday Independent

BJH4fEM.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,138 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

I hate all those gimmicks,just have all items at a lower price instead.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I hate all those gimmicks,just have all items at a lower price instead.

I hear you- however, I've a 7 and an 8 year old who will love the pencil case- the paper meanwhile- will go straight into the recycle bin.

I hear you- however, I've a 7 and an 8 year old who will love the pencil case- the paper meanwhile- will go straight into the recycle bin.

Go to dealz or mr price or even the range they have a good selection of pencil cases for €1.50
    And if you go to dealz they have 12 bags of tayto for €1.50

Examiner 20/10
    T6PpcvX.png?1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

zell12 wrote: »
    Examiner 20/10
    T6PpcvX.png?1

Will be handy for the 2for €50 booze offer :-)

Advertisement