Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes Shop & Save [TESCO NOT ACCEPTING THEM]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

xpletiv wrote: »
    Feels like Dunnes have inflated their prices and not passed on the vat reduction. Feeling very, very expensive to go to dunnes now.

Dunnes are way more expensive than aldi/lidl/teso even factoring in the discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,759 ✭✭✭masterboy123

We use 10 euro voucher for every 50 euros. Plus we get 12€ voucher every 3-4 months.
    Never returned to Lidl or ALDI.
    wingnut wrote: »
    Dunnes are way more expensive than aldi/lidl/teso even factoring in the discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭xpletiv

I got caught with the voucher too. Id been using the 5 off 25 since march. Now that they dont give it, im not planning on returning to dunnes, hope others do the same, try get their pricing back on a decent level through lack of business.

Probably get a bailout from government though in that case...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,733 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Disappointing that Dunnes have gone gig economy delivering with Buymie :(
    If anyone uses it, let us know if you get a shop n'save coupon or can you use a valuclub number
    Operating across 24 Dunnes Stores in Dublin and Cork, the service allows Dunnes Stores customers to book a same day delivery slot.
    https://www.shelflife.ie/buymie-and-dunnes-stores-launch-same-day-deliveries-across-dublin-and-cork/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

The vouchers in my usual Dunnes went back to being valid for just over the week or whatever it is a few weeks ago. I happened to be getting something in the North Earl Street, Dublin one yesterday and I got a 5 off 25 valid from today until the 19th. Not sure if they've changed again everywhere or if it's store specific though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

The vouchers in my usual Dunnes went back to being valid for just over the week or whatever it is a few weeks ago. I happened to be getting something in the North Earl Street, Dublin one yesterday and I got a 5 off 25 valid from today until the 19th. Not sure if they've changed again everywhere or if it's store specific though.

I think different stores have different set ups.

Stephens green often do the same, my theory is the footfall in City centre supermarkets is more lunch time essentials..... Though that said I worked in a city centre supermarket (not dunnes) years ago and people did do weekly shops, so I don't know.

I have noticed that if you shop on Thursday to Saturday you get a bonus fiver off, to be spent Sunday to Wednesday the following week.

I think it's best practice to always keep an eye on your vouchers.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

As of last Saturday, the standard €10 off €50 vouchers are valid for ten days but I'd be interested to hear if that's changed this week. With the whole country now going to level 3, it would make sense for Dunnes to encourage less frequent shopping trips.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Keith186

zell12 wrote: »
    Disappointing that Dunnes have gone gig economy delivering with Buymie :(
    If anyone uses it, let us know if you get a shop n'save coupon or can you use a valuclub number

Their own website makes it look like something from the 80's!

https://www.dunnesstores.com/content/phone-in-service

Says you have to phone the manager and have your shopping list ready to read out to them 😂. No mention of using buymie.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,733 ✭✭✭✭zell12

I have noticed that if you shop on Thursday to Saturday you get a bonus fiver off, to be spent Sunday to Wednesday the following week.
    Yep it's new. That's on top of their €10 off €50 promo.
    Spend €50 on Groceries between Thursday and Saturday to receive (1) €5 off €20 voucher. Max 1 Voucher is issued in one transaction. €5 off vouchers are issued only in ROI stores.
    The €5 off €20 voucher is redeemable in all grocery stores between Sunday and Wednesday of the subsequent week. Multiple vouchers can be used once the sum of the voucher threshold spend is met.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

It's not "New new" this promotion comes and goes. Handy if you do a big shop and top up shop in a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,945 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

its been there a good while now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭torrevieja

wingnut wrote: »

i worked in Tesco i can assure you they are way more expensive only this week the felix cat food was €20 and €10 in Dunnes :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Patsy167

• Registered Users Posts: 82,309 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Patsy167 wrote: »

Their beer deals are like the Third Secret Of Fatima, hopefully the Buymie deal reveals current offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Any 10 off 50 vouchers appearing in any newspapers.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭sceach16

Quackster wrote: »
    As of last Saturday, the standard €10 off €50 vouchers are valid for ten days but I'd be interested to hear if that's changed this week. With the whole country now going to level 3, it would make sense for Dunnes to encourage less frequent shopping trips.

Congratulations on your foresight. Shopped today 7/10. Vouchers 8/10 to 21/10.....14 days.

sceach16 wrote: »
    Congratulations on your foresight. Shopped today 7/10. Vouchers 8/10 to 21/10.....14 days.
    Cheers, excellent news! :D

just realised if you go to the dunner website and look up online shopping, click cornelscourt give it some address near the store, you can get a list of products and prices, not sure if they are all there, but it quite extensive and includes booze. you can't search for anything though, its just a list

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Seve OB wrote: »
    just realised if you go to the dunner website and look up online shopping, click cornelscourt give it some address near the store
    link here
    https://fooddelivery.dunnesstores.com/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

just realised if you go to the dunner website and look up online shopping, click cornelscourt give it some address near the store, you can get a list of products and prices, not sure if they are all there, but it quite extensive and includes booze. you can't search for anything though, its just a list

FFS- most 10 year olds could put together a couple of webpages without putting too much effort into it. Its high time Dunnes put just a little bit of effort into being more customer centric.

On a slightly different note- got a Dunnes mailing in the post today- 4 x 10 off 40 vouchers, valid weekly over the next 4 weeks.

• Advertisement

On a slightly different note- got a Dunnes mailing in the post today- 4 x 10 off 40 vouchers, valid weekly over the next 4 weeks.

i never get these at all anymore.

how do they decide who to send to? is it geographic or what?

i don't spend massive amounts with them, although was in there quite a bit over the last few months, they probably get a few of grand off me each year

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

i never get these at all anymore.

how do they decide who to send to? is it geographic or what?

i don't spend massive amounts with them, although was in there quite a bit over the last few months, they probably get a few of grand off me each year

I was spending 100-150 a week consistently up to the end of August (throughout the lockdown)- and then stopped, altogether, and haven't been back in the last 10-12 weeks.

Its obviously a ploy to get me back.

I was spending 100-150 a week consistently up to the end of August (throughout the lockdown)- and then stopped, altogether, and haven't been back in the last 10-12 weeks.

Its obviously a ploy to get me back.

similar
    maybe they just don't want me back:(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,478 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Thanks, I'll have a nose. I just gave the address of the shop!

I got a €10 off €40 email last week. Valid only in one of my local stores. Says all tills in said store are now equipped with phone scanners so I guess that's why I was emailed it when I was.

Used it over the weekend at a self-service till, only to find they haven't been upgraded! :rolleyes:

By coincidence, my other local Dunnes recently had new self-service tills installed that can scan phone screens so I think I'll be skipping there for the foreseeable instead (like having all my loyalty cards on my phone).

Has anyone tried scanning a picture of the shop and save till spit coupons?

Could be worth trying if we can share them amongst us?

Has anyone tried scanning a picture of the shop and save till spit coupons?

Could be worth trying if we can share them amongst us?
    Bar codes are unique and can only be used once.

That’s ok. But I go shopping today and get a coupon. You need one tomorrow, I send it to you......... then you’ll get one tomorrow and maybe pass it on.

It would be great for those of us who are not regular shoppers in dunnes but could do with a voucher the odd time.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

you can get a list of products and prices, not sure if they are all there, but it quite extensive and includes booze. you can't search for anything though, its just a list

it is definitely not all there, just doing another browse now, there is only 3 vodkas.

There is only a 1.5L of coke, no cans, no coke zero at all.

The searching is horrendous, as if you are even on the right page you cannot search for say "rum", you have to put in the brand as bacardi or whatever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,309 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

That's what I thought but why on the self service do you need a staff member to verify transaction? No alcohol or age restricted items, happens every time.

Advertisement