Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes Shop & Save [TESCO NOT ACCEPTING THEM]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

snor wrote: »
    Me too! Got my regular money back vouchers but no ‘money off certain spend vouchers’. A bit peeved as I do all My shopping there. May need to think about that one!

I started thinking that way about 6 weeks ago. Surprising what can be saved !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭snowgal

just wondering did anyone else not receive their post vouchers yet? Have been waiting for them as Ive a gift voucher and savings card to use with them for big christmas shop but no sign......Thanks

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

snowgal wrote: »
    just wondering did anyone else not receive their post vouchers yet? Have been waiting for them as Ive a gift voucher and savings card to use with them for big christmas shop but no sign......Thanks

Nada here (so far anyway).
    C'est la vie.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

snowgal wrote: »

Website says last 2 weeks in november.

If there's dated coupons we'll probably miss the first week or two, which is probably dunnes plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭prodsc

No show here!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Website says last 2 weeks in november.

If there's dated coupons we'll probably miss the first week or two, which is probably dunnes plan.
    I'm assuming the folk getting spend & save vouchers would have been in the first batches sent out. Haven't received mine yet either.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭aidz

Received the dunnes coupons today.
    No spend x get y off included :(
    just the vouchers equivalent to points earned over the last period. shop in dunnes weekly

aidz wrote: »
    just the vouchers equivalent to points earned over the last period. shop in dunnes weekly

I wonder if they are doing this to prevent crowds in the supermarket, the same way they've extended the weekly ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Wonder how popular these will be next year when the booze doesn't count? :(

Dunnes will be able to reduce the price of booze because of this, whether they will is another matter but as so many people are buying large amounts of drink with these vouchers then if they simply desire the same profit they can afford to have much better deals.

I remember a few years back a tray of guinness was €20 in tesco and you could get 10 off a spend of 40 (or maybe it was 50). At the time dunnes could not match it, I guess since a lot more of their customers would have been using the vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I wonder if they are doing this to prevent crowds in the supermarket, the same way they've extended the weekly ones.

Dunnes Stores no chance, They like their profits!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,222 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

They send vouchers to those who spend small amounts or spend infrequently in their stores. If you shop in Dunnes weekly then your not their target shopper, they already get your money so why would they need to give you vouchers to reduce their profits?

You need to reduce your regular spend there or stop shopping there for a while and I'll bet you will receive vouchers in the next run to encourage you to return or spend more again. They monitor your spending habits through usage of your clubcard.

bazz26 wrote: »
    They send vouchers to those who spend small amounts or spend infrequently in their stores. If you shop in Dunnes weekly then your not their target shopper, they already get your money so why would they need to give you vouchers to reduce their profits?

You need to reduce your regular spend there or stop shopping there for a while and I'll bet you will receive vouchers in the next run to encourage you to return or spend more again. They monitor your spending habits through usage of your clubcard.

I've got them every other year and Easter too.....

Tesco sometimes put a flyer through the door with weekly money off , coming up to Christmas, don't really like Tesco , my local one is a bit dingey , we will see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭theminstrel

I got them this time and usually do. I shop there weekly and spend 50+ so it's probably random.
    I assumed your point was correct previously but this time for me it's the opposite. Usually loyalty is not rewarded.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Not sure about that.
    I have a card in my name and have used it about 5 times since summer and got €2 x 2 value club vouchers but no spend x get y off.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,945 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I got them this time and usually do. I shop there weekly and spend 50+ so it's probably random.
    I assumed your point was correct previously but this time for me it's the opposite. Usually loyalty is not rewarded.

its either random or else i've had my fill of vouchers
    am a time to time dunnes shopper,
    got my vouchers today, €5
    no spend and save at all
    used to get them... not in well over a year now i'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭pigtail33

I haven't received my ValueClub vouchers yet, but they have been e-mailing me €10 off €40 vouchers that can be scanned from my phone. I am an occasional Dunnes shopper, usually only when I have a voucher. If you are a regular shopper, surely you don't need the vouchers as you'd have the usual €10 off €50 till ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,945 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

pigtail33 wrote: »
    I haven't received my ValueClub vouchers yet, but they have been e-mailing me €10 off €40 vouchers that can be scanned from my phone. I am an occasional Dunnes shopper, usually only when I have a voucher. If you are a regular shopper, surely you don't need the vouchers as you'd have the usual €10 off €50 till ones?

10 off 40 is a better deal
    Also even if you are regular that doesn’t mean you’ll always be spending 50 to get a voucher back or maybe you don’t go within the week to make use of the voucher

Yeah you have the usual vouchers but not the usual shop.

My weekly shop comes between 100-120 each week , depending on how badly my maths has failed me.

Coming up to Christmas I'll be putting in extras I don't usually buy, cheeses, cold meats, chocolate lots and lots of chocolate. So it will bring the shop up to 150-200 depending on the mood and how badly my maths fails me.

So an extra couple of "free" coupons in your arsenal is very handy. I would never spend all of the free ones (there's usually 4) but definitely one or two.

Without the coupons I'll definitely have to do a list and not adopt my usual scattergun approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭MB05

I got my value club mailing today. I got 4 €10 off €40 vouchers and one €25 off €100 along with €3 in earned vouchers. The first date on mine is from now to 12/12/20 with the next one overlapping it a bit, 6th -12th of Dec. The last 2 10/40 ones are dated 13th -19th and then Xmas week. The 25/100 one can be used anytime in that period.

I would shop there regularly enough (3-4 times a month) but I don't usually spend a lot in it. Most of the time it would be €10 or under unless they had some really good offers on in their weekly wonders or alcohol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Gooser14

MB05 wrote:
    I would shop there regularly enough (3-4 times a month) but I don't usually spend a lot in it. Most of the time it would be €10 or under unless they had some really good offers on in their weekly wonders or alcohol.

If you don't use them just surrender them at the checkout and the checkout staff will find a user for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭gandroid

They email you 10 off 40 vouchers?

I've never got any like that.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

gandroid wrote: »

Yep, I got a €10 off €40 from them yesterday. Valid until 13th December.

Has everyone received these?

I changed address recently, emailed them, they confirmed details were updated etc, but now I have the fear ....

I just got a mailing today with money off vouchers based on my points but I got no €10 off €40 weekly ones like previous years. What a joke.

It's just profiteering in a year that has been a bonanza for supermarkets. Treasure Ireland indeed. Got nothing from Tesco either this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Hy Gieni

Like everyone else, no vouchers with Dunnes mailing.
    However, they do say they have installed new scanners at all checkouts, "We'll have more exciting digital Valueclub features coming soon! On the page across, your details related related to your Valueclub card are listed, please retain this important information which you will need to gain access to these features soon."

Can't wait!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I just got a mailing today with money off vouchers based on my points but I got no €10 off €40 weekly ones like previous years. What a joke.

It's just profiteering in a year that has been a bonanza for supermarkets. Treasure Ireland indeed. Got nothing from Tesco either this year.

Just got a book of EUR11 off EUR100 spend for Supervalu.
    Thats me finished with Supervalu. I don't think I've spent EUR100 in there, ever, its too damn expensive.

They are clearly just taking advantage of their loyal shoppers. It should be fed back to them. I just spoke to them there as the same as you I got nothing. Some guff from a very unhelpful agent about my number "not getting selected".

It really makes me feel like limiting my spend there over the next few weeks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Just got 5 & 10 euro voucher in shop on a 59 (49 nett) euro spend in their Nenagh store.

Also 24 can slab of Carlsberg for 24 euro.

Just got a book of EUR11 off EUR100 spend for Supervalu.
    Thats me finished with Supervalu. I don't think I've spent EUR100 in there, ever, its too damn expensive.

Disappointing. Rarely shop in Supervalu as there isn't one near me. But yeah, it's expensive and €100 is a lot to spend to get 11% off, why would you bother...

It's like there's a cartel this year. That's Tesco, Dunnes & SV not giving the same discounts/offers for Christmas as other years (to the majority of customers on here anyway) despite having had a huge turnover this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭pigtail33

I've had a few of them e-mailed to me. The first few were limited to one particular store, as at that stage, not all had upgraded to be able to scan them from a phone. I've only used one, but have another one valid until 02/12

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

Hy Gieni wrote:
    Like everyone else, no vouchers with Dunnes mailing. However, they do say they have installed new scanners at all checkouts, "We'll have more exciting digital Valueclub features coming soon! On the page across, your details related related to your Valueclub card are listed, please retain this important information which you will need to gain access to these features soon."

Whoops, I took the vouchers off and shredded the rest as normal. Ah well sure we'll see what happens

Advertisement