Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes Shop & Save [TESCO NOT ACCEPTING THEM]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

€5 vouchers available in Bray Grocery, Finglas Cardiffbridge Road, Georges St Convenience, Henry St, North Earl St., Stephens Green, Saggart, Harveys Quay Limerick, Drogheda West Street Grocery, Edward Square Galway, Redmond Square Wexford, Patrick St & Bishopstown Curraheen Rd Cork.

Source Link

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

What's with the other two promos there? Anyone get them? And more importantly why was I not informed of this?
    T&Cs for issuing of €5 off €25 on swiping your VALUEclub card
    T&Cs for issuing of €8 off €40 on swiping your VALUEclub card

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Keith186

snubbleste wrote: »
    What's with the other two promos there? Anyone get them? And more importantly why was I not informed of this?
    T&Cs for issuing of €5 off €25 on swiping your VALUEclub card
    T&Cs for issuing of €8 off €40 on swiping your VALUEclub card

I read it as the stores in the post above give vouchers but you just need to swipe value club card in other stores for the discount. I was in Dunnes earlier though and didn't notice any advertisements for this.

Keith186 wrote: »
    I read it as the stores in the post above give vouchers but you just need to swipe value club card in other stores for the discount. I was in Dunnes earlier though and didn't notice any advertisements for this.
    No, it's more a lucky winner will get a till spit at listed stores.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

No, it's more a lucky winner will get a till spit at listed stores.

I imagine they're issued to folk not already using Shop & Save vouchers who's transactions are in a certain value range.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Keith186

Quackster wrote: »
    I imagine they're issued to folk not already using Shop & Save vouchers who's transactions are in a certain value range.
    Probably this actually. SuperValu done something similar for "*select" customers. I missed that part when I first read and it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Does anyone know where/if you can find dunnes grocery offers online?

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭sceach16

I have given up trying to get anything useful on their website.It seems to be a PR oriented site with virtually no regular updating re food and drink!

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

Sometimes under food and drink they have have the PDF of the offers in store leaflet but more often than not they don't

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Why was this thread dragged up after 12 months. No mention of any bargains?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Why was this thread dragged up after 12 months. No mention of any bargains?

Just read the last few posts. Its a clear bargain

Thu-Fri only
    christmasoffers-landing.jpg

No wonder they're No.1
    Ca34rkm.jpg?2

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭ccazza

Got vouchers in the post today which you can use along with your spend and save vouchers. They're for varying amounts and 2 different time frames but one of them involves spending €100 and getting €20 off which you can use with your spend and save voucher so could get €200 worth of shopping for €160. There are smaller vouchers €6 off €30, €8 off €40 and €10 off €50.

ccazza wrote: »
    Got vouchers in the post today which you can use along with your spend and save vouchers. They're for varying amounts and 2 different time frames but one of them involves spending €100 and getting €20 off which you can use with your spend and save voucher so could get €100 worth of shopping for €60!

Are you sure about that? Normally use of multiple Shop & Save vouchers require you to spend the sum of the thresholds of all the vouchers.

Hopefully it is so (and I get a mailing too)!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I'm New to Dunnes vouchers. Are they always for groceries only, not for household or clothing. I live twenty miles from the nearest Dunnes, but ten minutes from Aldi and Supervalu. These vouchers aren't of much use to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

ccazza wrote: »
    Got vouchers in the post today which you can use along with your spend and save vouchers. They're for varying amounts and 2 different time frames but one of them involves spending €100 and getting €20 off which you can use with your spend and save voucher so could get €100 worth of shopping for €60!

Got em as well, would be nice if thats true.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭ccazza

Are you sure about that? Normally use of multiple Shop & Save vouchers require you to spend the sum of the thresholds of all the vouchers.

Hopefully it is so (and I get a mailing too)!

Sorry you are right it is the sum of the thresholds. In my excitement I read it wrong! You would have to spend €200 to get €40 off. 😬😬

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭lau1247

Looks like this is coming to an end on the 9th of January. The last few shop and save vouchers i got all stated 9th of January.

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

lau1247 wrote: »
    Looks like this is coming to an end on the 9th of January. The last few shop and save vouchers i got all stated 9th of January.

Thanks for this have you a link ?

• Advertisement

Thanks for this have you a link ?

No, don't have a link. Normally when you use the voucher, the date extend but the one i got used yesterday and another today are all valid until 9th of January (i.e. didn't extend). So looks like it coming to an end.

No, don't have a link. Normally when you use the voucher, the date extend but the one i got used yesterday and another today are all valid until 9th of January (i.e. didn't extend). So looks like it coming to an end.

Since the last few days before Christmas, vouchers issued have had an extended validity to January 9th. As people spend a good bit more approaching Christmas and would therefore receive extra vouchers, I'd presume it's to give them the chance to use them all.

When we get within ten days of January 9th and if at that point the vouchers being issued still have that as their expiry date, only then would it be fair to assume it's coming to an end.

Since the last few days before Christmas, vouchers issued have had an extended validity to January 9th. As people spend a good bit more approaching Christmas and would therefore receive extra vouchers, I'd presume it's to give them the chance to use them all.

When we get within ten days of January 9th and if at that point the vouchers being issued still have that as their expiry date, only then would it be fair to assume it's coming to an end.

I sure hope you are right.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,405 ✭✭✭✭road_high

This is a genuinely good offer and I'm not surprised Dunnes are no 1 grocery retailer. Their prices have always been good anyhow, especially the offers. Spend €50 and getting €10 is a lot and probably makes it as cheap as Lidl/Aldi and on possibly superior branded items.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I sure hope you are right.

I hope the opposite, don't see the offer drying up.

The offer is continuing.

Those of ye who are thinking Dunnes is good value..look at these silly prices for January
    A pepper for 99c! A sweet potato for 99c!

EKi7wt0.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

the grocery section of Dunnes was mad tonight in Cornelscourt it was like a couple of days before Christmas the queues at the checkout were 9 trolleys a piece it was mad busy and with the price of most of their food (as in the above post) you're not saving that €10 off a €50 spend

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭gl0Rob

casio4 wrote: »
    the grocery section of Dunnes was mad tonight in Cornelscourt it was like a couple of days before Christmas the queues at the checkout were 9 trolleys a piece it was mad busy and with the price of most of their food (as in the above post) you're not saving that €10 off a €50 spend

Yeah they have defiantly done their maths with the vouchers . Customers are propably on average spending more to hit the voucher target and also willing to overlook slightly more expensive food . It becomes more obvious with big ticket stuff like alcohol . Clever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Those of ye who are thinking Dunnes is good value..look at these silly prices for January
    A pepper for 99c! A sweet potato for 99c!]
    crazy, but some might fall for it, "sure its on offer!"

tesco are still accepting the dunnes ones.

all 3 colours of peppers are reduced to 49c in tesco from 69cent

SAVE 20c Was 69c Now 49c
    valid from 28/12/2016 until 17/1/2017

I think the best plan of action is to buy up stuff which is on offer or always a lot cheaper in dunnes and then use the voucher on what is cheap in tesco. I have loads of tesco ones and no idea what to buy, I know about phone credit.

I wondered if anything was significantly cheaper in dunnes to buy up and then use the voucher in tesco.

Advertisement