Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to speak with a former Certus employee

Options
  • 18-09-2014 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Just putting this out there, Certus , a financial service company who managed the bank of Scotland Ireland loan book employed a number of people in Waterford before closing their office here. I am looking to speak with anyone who used to work with them who may be able to advise on dealing with them in relation to a tracker mortgage. Please pm me thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,479 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Just putting this out there, Certus , a financial service company who managed the bank of Scotland Ireland loan book employed a number of people in Waterford before closing their office here. I am looking to speak with anyone who used to work with them who may be able to advise on dealing with them in relation to a tracker mortgage. Please pm me thanks

Hope I'm not speaking out of line but I thought Certus only dealt directly with banking institutions, why would you be dealing with them on a tracker mortgage? They don't do mortgages, as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭willbeuptuesday

They are representing bank of Scotland in relation to my mortgage, they are the only people whom I can negotiate with. So my thinking is that it would be beneficial to speak with somebody who is familiar with them so I can negotiate better.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭SBarrett

When negotiating with the banks, it's all about ability to pay. If you show them reasonable living expenses and what you can afford to give them afterwards, you are more likely to get a deal. Pay them the agreed amount for 5 years and that's it. Bank of Scotland have sold on their debt, so you have a better chance of getting a good deal e.g. they sold their debt for 20c in the €, you offer 50c in the €, Certus have made a profit on the debt.

Due to the amount of money involved, it is a good idea to hire a professional to deal with the banks for you. They have the experience and knowledge and could save you tens of thousands.

Steven

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭willbeuptuesday

SBarrett wrote: »
    When negotiating with the banks, it's all about ability to pay. If you show them reasonable living expenses and what you can afford to give them afterwards, you are more likely to get a deal. Pay them the agreed amount for 5 years and that's it. Bank of Scotland have sold on their debt, so you have a better chance of getting a good deal e.g. they sold their debt for 20c in the €, you offer 50c in the €, Certus have made a profit on the debt.

Due to the amount of money involved, it is a good idea to hire a professional to deal with the banks for you. They have the experience and knowledge and could save you tens of thousands.

Steven

I have spoken to a lot of so called experts, they are falling into the same category as estate agents in my opinion. They are a dime a dozen, I feel a bit of inside knowledge would do no harm when negotiating with them.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

I have spoken to a lot of so called experts, they are falling into the same category as estate agents in my opinion. They are a dime a dozen, I feel a bit of inside knowledge would do no harm when negotiating with them.

I would hope that the people who worked for this company have the integrity to ignore you! It is totally unacceptable to expect people to disclose confidential information about their former employer in this way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Jim2007 wrote: »
    I would hope that the people who worked for this company have the integrity to ignore you! It is totally unacceptable to expect people to disclose confidential information about their former employer in this way.

Completely agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I'm Spartacus a Certus employee...

OP, you need professional advice. You do not need advice from any random internet person who could claim to have worked for Certus previously, who you have no way of verifying.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement