Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wetsuit Repair

Options
  • 18-09-2014 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

hi all,

my Orca wetsuit zip broke,

and wondering is Ruairi O'Brien based in Carlow the only person around that can fix a wetsuit,

I was speaking to a girl who works in The Zip Yard. they said they fix a but not to sure what to do is Ruairi good ? well hes listed on the TI Site.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭mirrormatrix

The zip broke, or came off the suit entirely?

You could always do it yourself if you're worried about a botch job from someone else. Get some Bostik 2402 from a marine shop. Takes a fair bit of time if you haven't done it before, but the option is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭niamh.foley

The zip broke, or came off the suit entirely?

You could always do it yourself if you're worried about a botch job from someone else. Get some Bostik 2402 from a marine shop. Takes a fair bit of time if you haven't done it before, but the option is there.

the teeth are fine on it, it the zipper came off on one side of the zip.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

they said they fix a but not to sure what to do is Ruairi good ? well hes listed on the TI Site.

He's the only one I'd recommend for out of warranty repairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭niamh.foley

i say he good just a pain i have to post it to Carlow,

was thinking of Traveling to Cork for the Sandycove Swim, but now thats out.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭cart man

I have used this guy to repair a large rip in my wetsuit and was very happy with him: http://www.drysuittailors.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭mirrormatrix

cart man wrote: »
    I have used this guy to repair a large rip in my wetsuit and was very happy with him: http://www.drysuittailors.com/

+1

Brian is really good. Highly recommend. Although their website says they won't do wetsuit zips. Worth giving him a shout.

Advertisement