Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just switched to eircom online. Who will contact my current provider?

Options
  • 18-09-2014 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭

I just wanted to check if I need to contact my current provider (Vodafone) to get my 30days cancellation notice sorted or does Eircom do this? I've requested connection for 26/09. Am I going to have an overlap?

Thanks
    CMA

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Call me Al wrote: »
    I just wanted to check if I need to contact my current provider (Vodafone) to get my 30days cancellation notice sorted or does Eircom do this? I've requested connection for 26/09. Am I going to have an overlap?

Thanks
    CMA
    Hi Call me Al

I can confirm that you will need to contact your current provider to cancel your account with them.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Interesting! I spoke with a lady last night who told me eircom would take care of all that. It's just as well I checked.
    Thanks for that.

Call me Al wrote: »
    Interesting! I spoke with a lady last night who told eircom would take care of all that. It's just as well I checked.
    Thanks for that.
    Hi Call me Al

Just to make sure, are you intending to move the account to eircom? If so then eircom would arrange the move but you may also need to give notification to vodafone that you are moving to eircom.

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Yes. As per the thread title I switched to eircom online this morning, and not through the customer service department.
    I provided the UAN number as requested and advised who my current provider is.

I just called Vodafone this morning to advise them.

Duplicate thread.

Conversation moved to http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057292483

eircom: Alan

• Advertisement
Advertisement