Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switched to Eircom. How to cancel with current provider...

Options
  • 18-09-2014 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭

I just wanted to check if I need to contact my current provider (Vodafone) to get my 30days cancellation notice sorted or does Eircom do this? I've requested connection for 26/09. Am I going to have an overlap?

Thanks
    CMA

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

It depends on your contract with Vodafone. If you're out of the minimum term, they might buy require notice.

You'd need to check their T&Cs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Call me Al wrote: »
    I just wanted to check if I need to contact my current provider (Vodafone) to get my 30days cancellation notice sorted or does Eircom do this? I've requested connection for 26/09. Am I going to have an overlap?

Thanks
    CMA
    Hi Call me Al

I can confirm that you will need to contact your current provider to cancel your account with them. I'm unaware if they require a 30 day notice so it would be best to check with them but I can confirm that eircom will be unable to arrange an account closure for another provider.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Thanks! My broadband is really awful this morning so I appear to have duplicated a thread in the process of trying to get it working....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Call me Al wrote: »
    Thanks! My broadband is really awful this morning so I appear to have duplicated a thread in the process of trying to get it working....
    Apologies Call me Al

I should have paid more attention to the title :)

Eircom will look after the move but vodafone may require notification in advance although once the UAN is used they will not prevent the move to eircom.

Thanks

Al

Advertisement