Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iSO 8 speed on iPad 3

• 18-09-2014 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭

Anybody try running the new OS on a 3rd Gen iPad yet?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

Tim76 wrote: »
    Anybody try running the new OS on a 3rd Gen iPad yet?

Yes, it runs fine. A little slower than iOS 7.1.2 but that's to be expected for the 1st release - I find the same on my iPhone 5s.

... just install the update :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭Type 17

I have one, and updated it last night - what theothernt said...

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Tim76

Thanks for the replies guys.

From what I've read there does not seem to be too many features available for the iPad3. I don't know if the loss of speed, however slight, would justify the update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I'm finding Safari runs noticably slower but other browsers such as perfect browser are running ok.

One major annoyance I've found is that it's taking ages for wifi to connect after it's been turned off, by ages I mean upto 15 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭Cerco

Updated my Ipad3 last night. No issues with speed or connection. I see no great enhancements though to recommend upgrading.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I'm not going to bother if there's nothing to be gained in functionality or speed.

Advertisement