Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for House Alarm Company in Waterford

Options
  • 18-09-2014 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what's people views on which is the best alarm company
    to deal with in the city. In terms of overall service and monitoring charge per year. What are people paying for installation and monitoring ?
    Eircom phone watch are offering €499 to instal but the monitoring is €35 a month which I think is steep, that's a wireless alarm system.It's a semi detached house in around the upper Newtown area. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭burkey85

Park 100 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

burkey85 wrote: »
    Park 100 :)

Aren't they from Wexford?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Might find some pointers here

http://touch.boards.ie/forum/1366

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Lyons security are very competitive these days, a few neighbours of mine got in wireless systems lately from them, something like €500 for 2 doors, and 5 internal pir's and a key fob, they aren't monitored but the panel they used can accept a GSM dialler which will enable you to set up your own monitoring via text messages and calls, you'll even be able to set and switch of your alarm from your mobile. Those GSMdialers for that panel retail at around €170. Their panel does come with a standard landline dialler in them as far as I know.

Oh, and before anyone asks, I don't work for them, I did a hell of a lot of research before replacing my own panel this time last year so I was curious to know what they got installed for what they payed. I was well impressed tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

Can't go past JEC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭burkey85

jayboi wrote: »
    Aren't they from Wexford?

They are, but do a lot of work here in Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

+1 for Park Alarms, they are growing at a rapid rate, very good company and I can vouch that after two years their follow up service etc is excellent.
    They installed a commercial alarm for me, the prices between 6 companies varied enormously, but they were one of the cheapest but the best value for money by far.

Also, although they are based in Wexford and owned by a Cork man I think, at least two of their installers are living in Waterford City.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭fiesty lady

I would recommend dfs alarms (David Flynn) he fitted my house alarm last year cost 500 for 3 bedroomed semi . Was very pleased with the service and only 13 euro a month monitoring

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

decies wrote: »
    Just wondering what's people views on which is the best alarm company
    to deal with in the city. In terms of overall service and monitoring charge per year. What are people paying for installation and monitoring ?
    Eircom phone watch are offering €499 to instal but the monitoring is €35 a month which I think is steep, that's a wireless alarm system.It's a semi detached house in around the upper Newtown area. Thanks.
    its no longer owned by eircom, its owned by a european security company called sector alarm,i'd stay local either dfs or jec

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭coathanger

Have to disagree with regards Park 100, we had an awful experience with them,& would not recommend them to anyone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement