Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Street Names?

Options
  • 18-09-2014 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,022 ✭✭✭

Seems there is some fascinating stories behind some Dublin street names. I was wondering if anyone would know where I could find this book? Doesn't seem to be available online and I've checked a few small book shops in Rathmines with no joy. I will venture in town to the bigger bookstores obviously but just thought I'd ask here first and maybe save some time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,380 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

According to the Dublin City online library catalogue there are copies available for loan... You can reserve a copy for 50c to your local library (Rathmines perhaps).
    https://libcat.dublincity.ie

Otherwise, if you want to own a copy, try Chapters 2nd hand section, or else Oxfam books in Rathmines or town.

ps According to the library catalogue, Rathmines has a copy of "If Ever You Go to Dublin Town: A Historic Guide to the City's Street Names" by Carol Bardon, in its Dublin collection, available for loan. Maybe wander in to library and have a look to see if it'll do the job.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

I can see a few used copies available from amazon.co.uk

Advertisement