Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

restaurant near the 3arena

Options
  • 18-09-2014 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

hi, we are staying in the Gibson next week and wondering if there are any restaurants you could recommend within a short distance. Italian preferably.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

The food in the Gibson is quite good. You might want to stay put.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,380 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I second the recommendation for the food in the Gibson.

If you must have Italian, stroll back up along Mayor street beside the LUAS lines towards the IFSC and there are several Italian restaurants along it.
    I haven't eaten in them in years so can't recommend any of them personally.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

MV Cill Airne does the best food in that area imo. Great setting too

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

It's very easy to pop in and out of the city centre on the LUAS if nothing near by takes your fancy.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Or you could walk to North Strand to http://www.damimmo.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I had to google where the 3 arena was. Didn't know O2 had been renamed...then again I still refer to it as the Point! :)

The Cill Airne is a great idea. I ate there recently and the novelty of eating outside on the deck of a boat (if the fine weather persists) is great. The food is of a superior pub grub variety. Milanos next to Spencer Hotel is as you'd expect - cheap and cheerful. I also had great BBQ food in the Gibson once and as it's next door to the venue will save you going back and forth!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Riverireland

In think the food in the Gibson is over priced and of inconsistent quality. I'd eat in Dublin city, Luas up and back, no real amenities in the general location.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 lighthouse76

is the food in the Gibson Asian themed? they only seem to have sample menus on the website

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

Gibson has lovely food.

Mayor Square Luas stop area has a good few restaurants...Try East for asian food, part of the Spencer hotel, it's yum! Milano also a safe bet...Lagoona good pub grub. Ely also has lovely food.

Avoid Broadway & Il Fornaio...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Avoid Broadway & Il Fornaio...

Il Fornaio is decent enough. Their pizza is pretty good. Not a place with much atmosphere though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

Find it pretty overpriced! Plus they don't do a good Caprese salad...and I love Caprese salad! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

I really like Il Fornaio for pizza too. Atmosphere is OK if there is a crowd in on the way to a show but the decor ain't plush. Miles ahead of Milano IMO.

Advertisement