Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halfords Low Profile Trolley Jack 30euro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

The reviews seem good, and for a low profile jack the price is very good. I have one reserved that I will pick up this evening along with some jack stands. Can't go wrong for the price I reckon!

http://www.halfords.ie/motoring/garage-equipment/trolley-jacks-axle-stands/halfords-2-tonne-trolley-jack-low-profile#tab1

I find it cant lift the car high enough for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

kona wrote: »
    I find it cant lift the car high enough for me.

All depends on the car I suppose. For anyone with a lidl jack, this will lift higher (only slightly 2cm), but since it's low profile it means it will fit under lowered/low cars. Which was my issue with my lidl jack. Going to buy a set of the axle stands too I reckon!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Damn, only bought this a month or two ago for €50. I find that, while the lifting platform is quite low, the other end of the lifting arm is quite high and only barely fits under my cars. Worth bearing in mind if you want to jack up using part of the subframe as the arm is short, so if your car is low, then it mightn't stretch far enough. In saying that, its a sturdy piece of kit.

Advertisement