Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help with stray kittens & poisoned cats

• 18-09-2014 1:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭

Hello

I found my two lovely neighborhood cats dead out the back this morning, they were wild but myself and a few neighbors always fed them and they were friendly and well looked after. And ive fed them since they were kittens coming to my door. And this morning i had the shock of finding them both dead and a third one in a back garden also dead. they were fine last night and so clearly poisoned at some stage. I took them up to the vets today.

the problem i am having at the moment is that there is about five kittens 3 lovely looking ones that maybe two or three months old and 2 older ones maybe about a year old and i want to try get them housed or taken in some where. They would need to caught they run away if you get to close but are well fed.

Im having trouble finding the right people to ring, any help ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭snoman

Lone Stone wrote: »
    Hello

I found my two lovely neighborhood cats dead out the back this morning, they were wild but myself and a few neighbors always fed them and they were friendly and well looked after. And ive fed them since they were kittens coming to my door. And this morning i had the shock of finding them both dead and a third one in a back garden also dead. they were fine last night and so clearly poisoned at some stage. I took them up to the vets today.

the problem i am having at the moment is that there is about five kittens 3 lovely looking ones that maybe two or three months old and 2 older ones maybe about a year old and i want to try get them housed or taken in some where. They would need to caught they run away if you get to close but are well fed.

Im having trouble finding the right people to ring, any help ?

I think you should get in contact with a local rescue, they may be able to lend you a trap or something so that you could catch the kittens/young cats. Really upsetting for you I'd imagine...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56 ✭✭NickyL

That's awful. I look after a few colonies and have come across cats dying from poisoning. It's a horrible death :( And it's illegal.

Your profile says you are in Dublin - try contact <snip>.

Mod note: I am so sorry, I know you're trying to help, but recommendations for specific rescues need to be made by PM only.
    Thanks,
    DBB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Hay thanks, i ended up ringing a load of places. Turns out some one in the area has been leaving poison out and loads of cats in the area have been killed over the past week or so, unfortunately because the cats are wild no one will take the kittens, even tho they are just kittens. And the vets & dcspca rang the gards and i even seen an news article about it in a news paper warning people to keep their pets indoors.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

See, this is why I really don't like people (with a few exceptions)... I do pray the culprits are caught quickly and get what they deserve... Whoever does this is mean and ruthless, and is causing an incredible amount of suffering...

Now, rant aside, since you said that the local rescue places can't take them in, I wonder would any TNR organisation be able to help, or at least point you in the right direction... I read in lots of threads that if necessary they relocate the entire colony, so maybe they've come across this before...

If I can think of anything more constructive I'll let you know, sorry, I know this isn't much.

This is all so sad, poor cats... Fair play to you for looking out for them.

Advertisement