Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

child maint/access cross border

Options
  • 18-09-2014 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Brief run down:
    2 year old child
    Mother (me) southern ireland
    Father lives northern ireland.

Father does not have a relationship with child due to not showing up for visits/not spending much time.
    Agreed maint was e50 per week while i was on maternity leave and had no childcare costs.
    Father has paid e50 per week but does it as and when he pleases, currently owes 2 almost 3 weeks.

I went to a solicitor who is kicking off a court order and has sent a letter to set down a specific day for maintenance and access.

I was advised however that ge could choose to ignore this and if that happens id have to apply in the north.

Has anyone any information surrounding cross border parental issues? Mainly surrounding maintenance/amounts/how access works (im a little weary of the cross border issue though i know thats a while away according to solicitor)

Also for bank transfers...where can i find info on fees as he refuses to pay through the bank which i would prefer.

Does e50 a week sound about right? We both work full time, he's on slightly better money with less outgoings, childminder alone is e120 a week (i know cheap in comparison to some, but my wages are low)...

It's the north south issue that's getting to be. I have absolutely no problem giving access here...for now...until he builds up a relationsgip with his child.

Apologies for this post being a bit scattered!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Your solicitor should be answering these questions, we cannot give legal advice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement