Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stalls at the Christmas market?

Options
  • 18-09-2014 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭

I am wondering if anybody is aware of how much it is to have a stall at the xmas market??? Also, would you have to trade for the whole time of the market or would you be able to rent for 2 weeks or something?! Just curious.

I have sent an email to their email address but have received no reply.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

There is a link to the application and contact info here:

http://galwaychristmasmarket.ie/traders/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭renegademaster

I am wondering if anybody is aware of how much it is to have a stall at the xmas market??? Also, would you have to trade for the whole time of the market or would you be able to rent for 2 weeks or something?! Just curious.

I have sent an email to their email address but have received no reply.

last years info ;)

Vicky O'Brien The first year of the Christmas Market, my 4.5meter by 3 meter stall costs me EUR3000 and included electricity. This year, a non-food stall of comparable size (5meter by 2meter) is EUR8241 (!!!) and electricity is EXTRA (around another EUR500 or so)! Food stalls are over EUR11,000 plus electricity! And accommodation in Galway is NOT cheap. There's no way I could afford to trade there anymore.

i hope the council can see fit to charge the owner of the "market" this year seeing as how eyre sq looked like a war zone from dec to April!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,151 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

i hope the council can see fit to charge the owner of the "market" this year seeing as how eyre sq looked like a war zone from dec to April!!

No it didnt and why is it "market"? Is something which sells food, drinks and other gift/goods not a market?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 samson134

Thanks for that info. I really didn't expect it to be that expensive!! It really is very dear especially when you don't know how it will go if one was to pay the price!

Also what is the matter with it being called aMarket?!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ms.Sunshine

Thanks for the replies. It is more expensive then I thought it would be! I will fill in the form anyways and see what they say!

No it didnt and why is it "market"? Is something which sells food, drinks and other gift/goods not a market?

yes it flipping well did, did you fail to notice the state of the whole green square and the fact it was left in sh1te til at least april? it was quite a disgust imho. the link below shows a photo of just one section of the square and the whole lot was like that for month afterwards

http://postimg.org/image/ou3tpzeg5/
    samson134 wrote: »
    Thanks for that info. I really didn't expect it to be that expensive!! It really is very dear especially when you don't know how it will go if one was to pay the price!

Also what is the matter with it being called aMarket?!!

trust me not much money gets made by the stall owners, by the time they pay the extortionate fees and electricity is a major ad-on to the already crazu fees, get themselves and their stock etc to and from Galway, pay for accomadation, food and drinks, this leaves only one option but to charge well for whatever it is they're selling and that in turn means they don't sell as much stock.

meanwhile the capitalist running the whole show gets paid extreemly well for each and every stall and the generous council waive the fees she'd have to pay.

I call it a "market" because it's really just one big rip-off exercise imho

• Registered Users Posts: 12,151 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

yes it flipping well did, did you fail to notice the state of the whole green square and the fact it was left in sh1te til at least april? it was quite a disgust imho. the link below shows a photo of just one section of the square and the whole lot was like that for month afterwards

http://postimg.org/image/ou3tpzeg5/

trust me not much money gets made by the stall owners, by the time they pay the extortionate fees and electricity is a major ad-on to the already crazu fees, get themselves and their stock etc to and from Galway, pay for accomadation, food and drinks, this leaves only one option but to charge well for whatever it is they're selling and that in turn means they don't sell as much stock.

meanwhile the capitalist running the whole show gets paid extreemly well for each and every stall and the generous council waive the fees she'd have to pay.

I call it a "market" because it's really just one big rip-off exercise imho
    Did it stop you lying out in the sun in January? Im not sure what 'a disgust' is so i'll leave it at that. As for the rip off stuff, yawn.

Did it stop you lying out in the sun in January? Im not sure what 'a disgust' is so i'll leave it at that. As for the rip off stuff, yawn.

it didn't stop me lying out in the sun in jan but it most definately left looked quite disgusting looking and no fees were paid to enable a tidy up. you can yawn all ya like at me pointing out the whole thing is a rip-off exercise but it's the truth and will be pointed out again and again by the general public again this year no doubt!

stories of the bratwurst guy being spotted buying lidl or aldi hotdogs last year and sellign them for a fiver each on the square!! wtf

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

This thread is about the cost of the stalls is the market.

• Advertisement

my replies are related to the cost of the stalls in the market, the costs to the locals and also the environment/look of the famous Eyre Sq to foreign and domestic tourists after the "market" moves on

Advertisement