Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to transport a pony - will pay!

Options
  • 18-09-2014 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi

I need to move a 13.2hh pony from Co Meath to Co Limerick ASAP but don't have any transport or a car with a tow bar unfortunately.
    Any suggestions or takers - Will pay of course!
    Have looked up horse transporting companies but found these to be very expensive and unwilling to do the journey for just one horse
    Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

discmop wrote: »
    Hi

I need to move a 13.2hh pony from Co Meath to Co Limerick ASAP but don't have any transport or a car with a tow bar unfortunately.
    Any suggestions or takers - Will pay of course!
    Have looked up horse transporting companies but found these to be very expensive and unwilling to do the journey for just one horse
    Cheers!

This is a subject that pops up here quite a bit.. I think some people may unwilling to do this as there is a risk of who pays for the damage if the pony breaks something in the box?
    I know you say that you will pay but that's for fuel costs I presume?

Surely transport company will transport pony to destination? Is it expensive?

I myself had Pony hanging over the breast bar of box one time front legs over back legs behind.
    Swinging in mid air. . It was not my pony doin a favour and it was terrifying to see.

Unfortunately for that I'd be reluctant to carry any animal I didn't own or really know

• Registered Users Posts: 4 discmop

Good point, may go back to the transport company again & see whats possible! thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

discmop wrote: »
    Good point, may go back to the transport company again & see whats possible! thanks

There are many companies out there.
    Ballinrobe
    George mullins.

Look on irish field or done deal for more reccommdation's.

Is there anyone where you are transporting pony to that could do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

I had a friend who paid to transport a single horse from Kildare to Kerry. It wasn't cheap, but when he calculated the cost of fuel, the hours he'd have to spend driving to and from Kerry, etc. he said it would work out cheaper just to pay someone to do it, even though it looked expensive at first glance. I can't remember who he went with, tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 discmop

Thanks guys, got something sorted in the end, found a transport company Keating Transport in Wexford!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

Hi OP will PM you number of guy in Wicklow who I have used a fair bit. may work out bit exp BUT he is fantastic.

Advertisement