Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread V

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

awec wrote: »
    Inexperienced referee cause

1. it's not on TV
    2. hardly anyone will be there

I intend going, but if it is a cold wet day, I may have second thoughts. It is a total pain that this is clashing with the Wales/Scotland gig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Could see a team of...

Dave Kearney
    McFadden
    T'eo
    Reid
    Fanning
    Gopperth
    McGrath
    Ruddock
    Jennings
    Ryan (presuming he's released?)
    Maccer
    Douglas
    Furlong
    Strauss
    Bent

Dundon
    Dooley
    Hago
    Denton
    Marshall
    ??? Cooney., is he back..?
    Marsh
    McGrath

• Subscribers Posts: 41,942 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

thought Zane was expected back to make this game??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

Inexperienced referee cause

1. it's not on TV
    2. hardly anyone will be there

Biggest game of the year

.ak wrote: »
    Could see a team of...

Dave Kearney
    McFadden
    T'eo
    Reid
    Fanning
    Gopperth
    McGrath
    Ruddock
    Jennings
    Maccer
    Douglas
    Furlong
    Strauss
    Bent

Dundon
    Dooley
    Hago
    Denton
    Marshall
    Marsh
    McGrath

That wouldn't be too bad. D'Arcy maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

The Dragons have only one player on 6N duty this weekend (Faletau) which must be the lowest burden of any Pro12 team (level with Connacht), so this is actually not the best time to be playing them. That team should still be capable of a win though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,477 ✭✭✭✭phog

ssaye2 wrote: »
    http://www.pro12rugby.com/matchcentre/16626.php
    At RDS Arena, 3pm
    Referee: Ben Whitehouse(WRU, 3rd competition game)
    Assistant Referees: Stuart Gaffikin, Oisin Quinn (both IRFU)
    Citing Commissioner: Tim Lowry (IRFU)

Inexperienced welsh ref for game against Dragons.

Comp for pitchside Heated seats prize

http://www.98fm.com/Pitchsider

Nigel's son? Saw him ref an LV Cup recently and iirc, he did ok.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    thought Zane was expected back to make this game??

Yeah but I think that was hopeful. He fractured his shin... A stress fracture there can take months so it could take a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

The Dragons have only one player on 6N duty this weekend (Faletau) which must be the lowest burden of any Pro12 team (level with Connacht), so this is actually not the best time to be playing them. That team should still be capable of a win though.

In fairness we'll have had 3 weeks to prepare for this one. There should be no excuse for not doing well given that we should have a decent squad out:

Bent Strauss Furlong
    Denton Douglas
    Ryan Conan Jennings

McGrath Gopperth
    Reid Te'o
    Fanning Kirchner McFadden

Dundon, Hagan, van Dyk, Marshall, VDF, N McCarthy, Marsh, Crosbie

Could see a team of...

Dave Kearney
    McFadden
    T'eo
    Reid
    Fanning
    Gopperth
    McGrath
    Ruddock
    Jennings
    Maccer
    Douglas
    Furlong
    Strauss
    Bent

Dundon
    Dooley
    Hago
    Denton
    Marshall
    Marsh
    McGrath

Looking at the training pics both McCarthy and Dave don't seem to be training. They're there in their hoodies and big jackets. Ferg is training though. No sign of Kirchner but I've stuck him in on hope. If he isn't available then I can see one of the Academy lads starting there. Maybe Kelleher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

molloyjh wrote:

Maks has left the building.

Buer wrote: »
    Maks has left the building.

Didn't realise that. Who the hell would be our sub TH so!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

molloyjh wrote: »

rsz_inpho_00855971_rdax_80.jpg

Hagan, with Dooley to cover LH?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Glass Prison 1214

Nick McCarthy is in the 20s team so he won't be playing for Leinster this weekend.

Hour of Power not working

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,151 ✭✭✭fitz

Got two Hour of Power tickets...had two browser windows open, one which I was just leaving the countdown clock run on, see whether it changed at the end of the countdown to show the ticket options, another where I was refreshing the page.

The refreshed page came up with the option to buy tickets when the countdown timer on the other browser still had about 30 seconds left on it.
    Even at that stage, I was back in Row S.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,764 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Worked perfectly for me, pity you can only buy 4.

Big Nelly wrote: »
    Dammit. We need all the locks we can get out hands on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

Sold out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

All gone it appears

Sold out, tried 4 and then 2 and no luck....

Could be a sticky situation. He hasn't been playing brilliantly and I wonder if he's not very settled here.

Worked fine for me, just the seats offered were crap so I left it. Looks to be sold out now.

got my tickets, in block 107.....

• Administrators Posts: 54,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

got my tickets, in block 107.....

That's a good block, you get those from todays sale?

Are the seats at the very front or something?

vienne86 wrote: »
    Dammit. We need all the locks we can get out hands on.

cheika always said he was a big fan of his... even after he was made wallaby coach

That's a good block, you get those from todays sale?

Are the seats at the very front or something?

yes, row B

got them today... from what i can see the cheapest tickets are €38 ... all the ones below that are gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ridonkulous

Got block 525, backs to the wall but delighted with the halfway line!

Could be a sticky situation. He hasn't been playing brilliantly and I wonder if he's not very settled here.

Yeah he would be a huge loss.....

I haven't heard anything to suggest he is not settled but this could be a ploy by the Ozzies to unsettle him....

What was the name of the SA guy that came over a few seasons back, was supposed to be a project player and a few months later was back in SA. I seen him in Super 15 and looked a decent player....

I only said a few weeks back that one of the reasons for this is likely that with Cheiks at the helm in Oz Douglas sees a chance to get back into the squad there. You can hardly blame him for that really. We just have crappy, crappy luck when it comes to second row signings. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him leave at the end of the season.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,151 ✭✭✭fitz

Mine are block 516, happy with that!

Yeah he would be a huge loss.....

I haven't heard anything to suggest he is not settled but this could be a ploy by the Ozzies to unsettle him....

What was the name of the SA guy that came over a few seasons back, was supposed to be a project player and a few months later was back in SA. I seen him in Super 15 and looked a decent player....

Steven Sykes. He just never settled here and there's no point in forcing someone to stay when they don't want to be here.

I actually read this wrong, I think he has done well. He has more or less play two seasons back to back, the couple of games I seen him live he was effective and was that niggly sort of player that Leinster have missed.....

• Advertisement

Steven Sykes. He just never settled here and there's no point in forcing someone to stay when they don't want to be here.

That was him, wasn't suggesting to force the guy to stay but he was another player who could have done great things for Leinster but didn't settle.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,932 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

yes, row B

got them today... from what i can see the cheapest tickets are €38 ... all the ones below that are gone.

Just got two €21 tickets, but up in the nosebleed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

yes, row B

I just got two at €21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

If they want them let them buy him out, I don't think he is 100% settled with us so we can use his salary and an extra 50,000 to 100,000 buy out fee to afford someone better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

Tried about 8 times for 2 tickets and it didn't happen for me... Not my day it seems. I wouldn't pay full price for the aviva honestly as I'm just not mad about the stadium.

• Advertisement

Been trying since 10am and nothing... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Those new meme bases captchas that Ticketmaster uses are naff anyway. Hour of Power sold out in about 12 minutes but I found a single ticket still available a moment ago if anyone wants to sit alone.

Teferi wrote: »
    Those new meme bases captchas that Ticketmaster uses are naff anyway. Hour of Power sold out in about 12 minutes but I found a single ticket still available a moment ago if anyone wants to sit alone.

Me? :D

That was him, wasn't suggesting to force the guy to stay but he was another player who could have done great things for Leinster but didn't settle.

His missus got pregnant after he agreed to join and they arrived with her several months gone. That was what tipped the scales in favour of him departing. Just a series of events that came at an unfortunate time for Leinster. Sykes was a really quality player when he signed for us.

• Administrators Posts: 54,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Has any ST holders received their tickets yet btw? Not sure if mine arrived or not and I've put it somewhere....

We won't be giving him up. He hasn't hit his ceiling or close to it but has shown some glimpses of class. Given that he has been playing non-stop for 12 months now and only moved to the other side of the world a few months ago, I think Leinster will be very eager to hang onto him and see how well he goes next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

We won't be giving him up. He hasn't hit his ceiling or close to it but has shown some glimpses of class. Given that he has been playing non-stop for 12 months now and only moved to the other side of the world a few months ago, I think Leinster will be very eager to hang onto him and see how well he goes next season.

They can buy him out if the IRFU let us sign a better replacement and the ARU pay enough.

It's only Simon Poidevin's opinion lads, probably not too much to worry about.

FWIW, I haven't been blown away by Douglas at all but would be pretty confident he'll improve a lot.

They can buy him out if the IRFU let us sign a better replacement and the ARU pay enough.

You're not going to find too many better replacements that are in our price range, I'd say. Anyone starting for a top tier nation in the RWC is going to cost more and will more than likely be courted by the big French and English sides.

Of the next tier of players (RWC squad players), I'd say Douglas is as good as we could hope for and will have significant time here and know the systems so no point in putting us back to square one and trying to integrate afresh.

The ARU are pretty much stony broke these days so they won't be offering anything moderately useful to us to release him.

I would say it's a nothing story but I'm surprised that people would be open to letting him go at this point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,178 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

He has the raw physicality and atheleticism but imo still needs a lot of work on the technical side of being a good lock (where Toner and McCarthy excel). If he can learn his trade from those two guys, he could be an awesome player.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement