Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread V

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

Did Dave Kearney play FB last season or was it in the A's the last time.

Decent cover there in anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

He has a fair few senior caps there but hasn't played there in a good stretch. Still, he's a FB/10 originally. I really rate him there, despite being smallish he's positionally sound and always seems to snatch highballs when he has no right to get them.

• Administrators Posts: 54,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

It's the Dragons lads. They're sh!te.

You could play Amy Huberman at fullback and you'd still win.

No concerns to be had about Dave Kearney.

Never copped he was as small as he is

5.9 ish

INPHO_00893600.jpg

Hrmm, where's Darce?

• Administrators Posts: 54,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

.ak wrote: »
    Hrmm, where's Darce?

Would D'Arcy really be on Leinster's bench this weekend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

Dragons Team to face Leinster

Jason Tovey, Tom Prydie, Pat Leach, Jack Dixon, Hallam Amos, Dorian Jones, Jonathan Evans; Owen Evans, T. Rhys Thomas, Brok Harris, Andrew Coombs, Rynard Landman, James Thomas, Nic Cudd, Nick Crosswell.

Replacements: Rhys Buckley, Boris Stankovich, Dan Way, Ian Gough, James Benjamin, Richie Rees, Ashley Smith, Matthew Pewtner.

Anyone? I know Amos is an up and coming talent, and Coombs-Landman is a very good second row, after that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

You'd think Fitzgerald would start regardless of whether he is 24th man or not. Perhaps he'll play the entire second half.

Ian Gough still playing at 38!

Dragons Team to face Leinster

Jason Tovey, Tom Prydie, Pat Leach, Jack Dixon, Hallam Amos, Dorian Jones, Jonathan Evans; Owen Evans, T. Rhys Thomas, Brok Harris, Andrew Coombs, Rynard Landman, James Thomas, Nic Cudd, Nick Crosswell.

Replacements: Rhys Buckley, Boris Stankovich, Dan Way, Ian Gough, James Benjamin, Richie Rees, Ashley Smith, Matthew Pewtner.

Anyone? I know Amos is an up and coming talent, and Coombs-Landman is a very good second row, after that...

At home this time of the year I am looking for a TBP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

You'd think Fitzgerald would start regardless of whether he is 24th man or not. Perhaps he'll play the entire second half.

He'd have missed training all we and could be withdrawn before the game if he features for Ireland. Probably best to plan without him.

Its not like that backline is crap.

• Advertisement

Hrmm, where's Darce?

Joe is planning a last-minute switcheroo to unsettle France.

Henshaw has been spotted at Dun Laoghaire ferry terminal waiting for a boat to Holyhead and onward train to Llanelli.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭S12b

Hrmm, where's Darce?

In a game where the Leinster pack should be totally on top an the backs should be getting plenty quality, fast ball to attack with, I'd say Noel Reid would be a better option at 12. He's turning into a very dangerous player. There's still lots to be said for D'Arcy in the big European games where things would be a lot tighter but in game like this....I'd say Reid is more likely to make things happen in attack.

ssaye2 wrote: »
    At home this time of the year I am looking for a TBP

Hmmm.

On paper, yes, but Leinster will have had very little training time with a fair few of the team, even Conan was back in Ireland camp during the week, plus there are other guys who have had very little game time recently (Te'o, Jennings) so they may struggle for fluency.

Hopefully we can get a five-pointer but it could be hard work.

Hmmm.

On paper, yes, but Leinster will have had very little training time with a fair few of the team, even Conan was back in Ireland camp during the week, plus there are other guys who have had very little game time recently (Te'o, Jennings) so they may struggle for fluency.

Hopefully we can get a five-pointer but it could be hard work.

If we struggle with fluency cause they havent played in a few weeks in february I am worried going forward.

Big home win I expect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

5.9 ish

5'11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,727 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

why is luke F sub ??

thebaz wrote: »
    why is luke F sub ??

24th man for Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Hrmm, where's Darce?

Would Darce have stayed with the Ireland squad incase another injury in warm up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

5.9 ish

I think a lot of props are around the 5'11 - 6' mark but he's an excellent height for a prop who in general are best when the length of their back isn't too long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Has D'Arcy been put out to grass or what?

vienne86 wrote: »

Joe is going to drop Zebo and put D'Arcy on the wing at the last minute.

vienne86 wrote: »

Reid was always going to start and then you can pick either Luke Fitz or Gordon D'Arcy as 23, Fitz gives you far more options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

So reddan is in neither squad, and we have called back Cooney for the rest of the season.

Is he really fit?

We know that boss, McGrath and Cooney are fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭S12b

Jordan Coughlan gone to Munster on a 1 year development deal

• Advertisement

That's mad Ted. He won't get any game time there. Should've gone to Ulster.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,286 ✭✭✭slingerz

S12b wrote: »

What position is he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭funtime93

Is Macken injured? His career seems finished at leinster.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

S12b wrote: »

Knew there was one of the recent academy crop going but didn't know who. Great deal for Munster although not exactly the sort of player they need given he's a 6/8.

He was once the hottest prospect coming into any academy. Hopefully he regains his form/promise.

• Advertisement

durkadurka wrote: »
    So reddan is in neither squad, and we have called back Cooney for the rest of the season.

Is he really fit?

We know that boss, McGrath and Cooney are fit.

Indications from the Irish camp are that he is fit, he was certainly training all week, but perhaps he wasn't released? Don't forget Murray was carrying a knock into the Italy game and was a doubt for that one, so perhaps Joe is being prudent. James Cronin isn't playing this week either, nor Robbie Diack.

That's mad Ted. He won't get any game time there. Should've gone to Ulster.

As a backrow he's destined for dirttracker purgatory after the World Cup but maybe they will try him at centre. I say that though having read that Munster are calling him a backrow in the statement...

slingerz wrote: »
    What position is he?

Back-row, although there was an attempt to convert him to centre in his first (second?) year in the Academy, that didn't pan out.

Indications from the Irish camp are that he is fit, he was certainly training all week, but perhaps he wasn't released? Don't forget Murray was carrying a knock into the Italy game and was a doubt for that one, so perhaps Joe is being prudent. James Cronin isn't playing this week either, nor Robbie Diack.

Good chance that he just isn't 100% or hasn't trained as much as Joe would've liked. Yet still a viable break-incase-of-emergency option.

Good chance that he just isn't 100% or hasn't trained as much as Joe would've liked. Yet still a viable break-incase-of-emergency option.

Still refusing to believe that Joe just picked Boss? :)

#dontstopbelievin' #justiceforisaac

As a backrow he's destined for dirttracker purgatory after the World Cup but maybe they will try him at centre. I say that though having read that Munster are calling him a backrow in the statement...

If they try him at centre, it's a complete waste of everyone's time. Leinster tried and failed. He had Dempsey and Schmidt overseeing him and it didn't work out. He was potentially an Irish international as a back row player.

To put it in context, when they first joined Leinster, Coghlan was a much bigger prospect than Conan.

Still refusing to believe that Joe just picked Boss? :)

#dontstopbelievin' #justiceforisaac

I have no problem with Boss but there's no way he'd have picked him ahead of a fit and firing Reddan who was 100%.

Back-row, although there was an attempt to convert him to centre in his first (second?) year in the Academy, that didn't pan out.

Second and third. They gave him 4 years because of it.

Also, would've liked to see Mick McGrath get game time. He's not playing for Clontarf afaik so he's basically not getting any game time whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Buer wrote: »
    If they try him at centre, it's a complete waste of everyone's time. Leinster tried and failed. He had Dempsey and Schmidt overseeing him and it didn't work out. He was potentially an Irish international as a back row player.

To put it in context, when they first joined Leinster, Coghlan was a much bigger prospect than Conan.

Not sure about Coghlan but I think Conan joined the academy after the 2012 JWC, and at that stage I was very excited to see him progress, more so than Coughlan. Considering he captained Ireland at some stage in that tournament too, he was highly rated

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Jordan Coghlan and Jack Conan both finished school in 2011 and Coghlan was taken straight into the Academy. Wonderful athlete and I hope it goes well for him, but I can't help thinking he would have been better off up north.

Tox56 wrote: »
    Not sure about Coghlan but I think Conan joined the academy after the 2012 JWC, and at that stage I was very excited to see him progress, more so than Coughlan. Considering he captained Ireland at some stage in that tournament too, he was highly rated

Not saying Conan wasn't rated. He was and himself and Crosbie had a lot of attention, carrying their Gerards team to the semi finals of the SCT. But Coghlan was seen as the stand out player of that year. Both Munster and Leinster were offering him deals straight out of school.

As Hagz says, Conan came into the academy a year later. He was a serious talent and physical specimen but in terms of sheer talent when they were 18 or 19, Coghlan was higher profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

That's quite a tasty team, good blend of youth and experience, wonder will marsh get a run if we are well up or just splinters. That backline could do some serious damage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,432 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Glad for Coghlan going to Munster seemed to be very highly rated but in fairness there are a pile of players ahead of him, at least 8/9 for 3 spots every week even given the amount of international call ups and injuries it would still mean very few chances to break thru. Good luck to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Shane Jennings seems to be doing a lot of media work these days. I wonder if he's retiring this season.

With leinsters surplus of young back rows it wouldn't surprise me if contract negotiations would be hard for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

I'd be hopeful we'll keep him for another year, his leadership will be needed during the world cup

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

If this turns out to be true Heaslip has to be a doubt for the rest of season

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/six-nations/jamie-heaslip-could-miss-rest-of-six-nations-with-suspected-broken-vertebrae-1.2104645

Jack Conan your time is now!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭Heroditas

If this turns out to be true Heaslip has to be a doubt for the rest of season

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/six-nations/jamie-heaslip-could-miss-rest-of-six-nations-with-suspected-broken-vertebrae-1.2104645

Jack Conan your time is now!!

FFS, why is Waterson jumping to such conclusions and why are people paying any heed to him? He's not a doctor.
    Let's wait until we hear the medical results from any scans that are carried out.
    If Heaslip indeed had a brief vertebrae well fair fcuks to him for playing on for ten minutes with a broken back!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,392 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Pit all went downhill when we started making jokes about his Wolverine blood. RIP in peace, Jamie...

Being serious though, I doubt we'd get an accurate prognosis of Heaslip's injury so soon. Let's wait and see what happens. Hopefully he'll still have some part to play this 6N.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,942 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Theres NO WAY the guy stood up and played ten minutes after fracturing a vertebrae. .....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement