Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread V

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

He's been 24th man for both matches so far, reckon he'll be doing that again this weekend. McCarthy probably likewise.

True. But he was 24th for France and then was released to Leinster. Maybe that's down to the fact that the Leinster game was after France. Need to see when the team was announced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

.ak wrote: »

Any chance you could move our posts over so that we're not flicking and back and forth between the threads? Even just the last 4 for reference? Cheers.

molloyjh wrote: »
    Any chance you could move our posts over so that we're not flicking and back and forth between the threads? Even just the last 4 for reference? Cheers.

Done.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Buer wrote: »
    No doubt as to who the least favourite in the family is.

Coleslaw is gonna have the worst middle child syndrome ever.

I dunno as while I love Garlic Cheese I can only deal with it when I'm pissed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

.ak wrote: »
    Yep...

Anyway, questionable naming aside, he's a good player, went to SA to learn some tricks afaik and plays very much in the style of a SA prop - mobile, good hands, likes to hurt people with ball in hand.

One thing I've noticed is with McGrath and now Rolls it's great to see the AIL players being looked at as viable options. The conditioning at that level now adays isn't a million miles away and, to be honest, I would've liked to have seen this happen before signing someone like the SA prop we got on loan a few months ago.

The AIL is the perfect training ground for props, a couple of seasons ago in a Mary's Tarf fixture Jack McGrath was up against Furlong (Furlong won)

Another great prop on Leinster's radar is Ian Hirst, he's been training with them also.
    Cotter, Condon at munster have picked up contracts on their performances, JP Cooney at Garryowen/Connacht also.

RBF is a great player and its amazed me he didnt pick up a deal with Munster or Connacht, he's better than many contracted props in the provinces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Hagan is now a LH? I thought he could still do a job ahead of someone like Burke-Flynn (not slagging him off), considering that he is presumably contracted and had looked to be a pretty alright TH when at Connacht... and even at the end of his time at Leinster, he seemed to be improving. Just seems a bit odd.

Is Tracy still at Leinster? Seems a bit odd to sign Hagan purely as a TH with Bent doing such a good job and the likes of Dooley there too. I think Byrne is injured, but he was there too and then obviously McGrath & Healy when fit.

Hago's loan is finished

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

And Tracy is now a hooker.

So is Hagan now unemployed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

And Tracy is now a hooker.

So is Hagan now unemployed?

He's back with LI. He was only here on loan. He's on his second year of a three year deal so, if he's unemployed, I assume they'll have paid him off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

What was the point of bringing over Van Dyk?

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭armchaircoach

To give him confidence, even he looked amazing compared to Mccarthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Van Dyke finished his loan. He's back in South Africa.

Eugenics.

He hooked up with a former Miss Ireland while he was here and is the first participant in an IRFU selective breeding programme to produce an Irish-qualified, foreign-trained army of really, really good looking rugby machines.

World Cup 2043 is in the bag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Eugenics.

He hooked up with a former Miss Ireland while he was here and is the first participant in an IRFU selective breeding programme to produce an Irish-qualified, foreign-trained army of really, really good looking rugby machines.

World Cup 2043 is in the bag.

Why Miss Ireland and not Katie Taylor, Niamh Briggs or Fiona Coghlan

• Advertisement

errlloyd wrote: »
    Why Miss Ireland and not Katie Taylor, Niamh Briggs or Fiona Coghlan

Hmmm. Why a beauty queen and not a prop forward? I have no idea, only Maks can shed some light on that particular head-scratcher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭scott1974

Brendan Macken off to Gloucester on loan. Just wasn't getting game time under MOC.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

ssaye2 wrote: »

Well I hope it works out for him - it'll be interesting to see how much game time he gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

scott1974 wrote: »
    Brendan Macken off to Gloucester on loan. Just wasn't getting game time under MOC.

Tbf he didn't really put his hand up to stake a place, with the game time he did get, early in the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭S12b

What are the thoughts on Colm O'Shea? Is there any real chance he will make it?? I know very little about him, just wondering!!

With Fitzgerald, Te'o and D'Arcy there, plus McFadden at a push and Ringrose in the academy....that's a lot of guys in front of both O'Shea and Macken.

Is Macken out of contract in the summer? He'll hardly be kept on now. Plus you've got two younger players in Ringrose and Brewer coming through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,225 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Did anyone else hear Tom McGuirk talking about a potential call up for Garry Ringrose to the Irish squad? Sounds a bit far fetched to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,413 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Clegg wrote: »
    Did anyone else hear Tom McGuirk talking about a potential call up for Garry Ringrose to the Irish squad? Sounds a bit far fetched to me.

Not going to happen, although I think BOD played for Ireland before Leinster or did I dream that? Ringrose does look like he will be some player though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

The U20s often train with the senior squad during the 6N. I assume that's all it is and McGurk got it arseways.

BOD did play for Ireland first but that was just a completely different era and not something relevant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Ringrose has as good natural awareness and flair as Bod had at that age, BUT, he is performing like that with modern defences and S&C. He is frighteningly good. I cant recommend going to see him live enough, and watch him around the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Ringrose has as good natural awareness and flair as Bod had at that age, BUT, he is performing like that with modern defences and S&C. He is frighteningly good. I cant recommend going to see him live enough, and watch him around the pitch.

He hasn't played a senior game yet so I wouldn't be pushing him based on the fact he's tearing rock solid defences apart, because U20s are just a mile off Pro12 level even

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I know we have been spoiled in recent years but It is a sad state of affairs when I envy Munsters free flowing, hand offs galore style of rugby

It's like Munster are old Leinster and Leinster are Martin Johnsons England.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Leinster are a million miles from Martin Johnsons England. ...... more like Andy Robinson's Scotland !!

Guys, GUYS.

Sunday Times says Isa is coming back for a season as cover for the World Cup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Does it really say that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

Will many of our backs be going to the world cup?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

LostArt wrote: »

Definites:
    Sexton
    Reddan
    R Kearney

Probables:
    Madigan
    Fitzgerald
    McFadden

Chance:
    D Kearney
    Darcy

I don't know where to put Boss

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Definites:
    Sexton
    Reddan
    R Kearney

Probables:
    Madigan
    Fitzgerald
    McFadden

Chance:
    D Kearney
    Darcy

You can add Isaac Boss as at least a probable.

You can add Isaac Boss as at least a probable.

Forgot about him, gave him his own line there, no clue where to put him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

LostArt wrote: »

It would be surprising if we didn't lose Madigan and Sexton so I could see someone brought in as cover for 10.

I suppose they could also be worried about Kichener getting called up and having noone at 15 (although we do have plenty of cover there and Dardis will be final year of academy so will probably be a good opportunity to use him).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I'd say it'll be either Fitz or McFadden. Unlikely both will go if Joe also picks Trimble.
    Also depends on whether Earls goes or not.
    Bloody hell, we're overflowing with decent depth at the moment

I can see it coming down to whether Trimble is back in the starting team. He won't have much time to and if he doesn't, he won't offer a whole lot else. Hopefully he does get back into the team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

Guys, GUYS.

He's involved with the Blues now, forget what role maybe mentorship, I'd be surprised if he came back, but maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Swiwi. wrote: »
    He's involved with the Blues now, forget what role maybe mentorship, I'd be surprised if he came back, but maybe.

Isn't his role there as a sort of ersatz sports psychologist......working on the mental side of the game.

Guys, GUYS.

Checks calendar.....1 March. Thought it might be 1 April. I'd be surprised if this happened, but WOW!

Guys, GUYS.

Wouldn't he have got a big tax rebate when he retired? And wouldn't that prevent him coming back?

It's definitely in the paper anyway. Have it right in front of me. Dunno if it'll happen ofc but you'd have to be hopeful.

As for tax rebates, I think that's only applicable for Irish players.

Didn't he leave for Family Reasons? Would be odd to come back a couple of years later if so

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Didn't he leave for Family Reasons? Would be odd to come back a couple of years later if so

I thought so. He was always very upbeat about living in Dublin, but to uproot the family for another year in Dublin......I can't see it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

vienne86 wrote: »
    I thought so. He was always very upbeat about living in Dublin, but to uproot the family for another year in Dublin......I can't see it.
    Depends on his personal circumstances. A wad of cash might be all the incentive he needs.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Holy **** please let this be true

rrpc wrote: »
    Depends on his personal circumstances. A wad of cash might be all the incentive he needs.

Well, if they to have a whir round in the RDS, I think they'd collect a fair bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

He said he wanted to return amazing if true

It's definitely in the paper anyway. Have it right in front of me. Dunno if it'll happen ofc but you'd have to be hopeful.

As for tax rebates, I think that's only applicable for Irish players.

No, you can't have tax rules just for your own citizens, he would have been entitled to a pay off. I always thought that was why he retired when he was still in his prime.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement