Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Kilcock primary school, boys and girls schools amalgamating.

Options
  • 18-09-2014 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭

Anyone know anything else about this? Huge rumours around it. Have heard that they are to remain the same but with the same BOM, seperate junior school and seperate senior school, an educate together school and a mixed vertical school. So many rumours going around yet no one seems to know and it is meant to be up and running by next September.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I have heard nothing about it but it would be brilliant as it would take the pressure off Maynooth schools a bit.
    I can find no info about it either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I've not heard of any new school for Kilcock. I can tell you categorically that there isn't an ET one going there. The only new ET school in the area is the joint ET/ETB post primary one scheduled to open next year in Celbridge - not sure how exactly considering it was refused planning permission as it was building on a flood plain.

I think what you may be thinking of is the Maynooth Education Campus. Whole thread about that here

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Orion wrote: »
    I've not heard of any new school for Kilcock. I can tell you categorically that there isn't an ET one going there. The only new ET school in the area is the joint ET/ETB post primary one scheduled to open next year in Celbridge - not sure how exactly considering it was refused planning permission as it was building on a flood plain.

I think what you may be thinking of is the Maynooth Education Campus. Whole thread about that here

Not talking about the Maynooth Campus.

Anyway you know nothing about the Kilcock situation and so it appears does anyone else on here judging by the lack of comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭sandra06

their joining the boys and girls primary together but classes will be in both schools ,and their building a new boys school where the other one is in highfield

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Not talking about the Maynooth Campus.

Anyway you know nothing about the Kilcock situation and so it appears does anyone else on here judging by the lack of comments.

I may know nothing about "the Kilcock situation" but I can say with a very high degree of confidence that anything about an ET school there is pure rumour. There isn't even a startup group for one. So not in the foreseeable future will there be one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

sandra06 wrote: »
    their joining the boys and girls primary together but classes will be in both schools ,and their building a new boys school where the other one is in highfield
    Huge rumours though about how things will proceed in the future. I've outlined the rumours that I have heard above. Would imagine a junior and senior school would be the likely outcome with a shared BOM.

Advertisement