Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeking advice from current or past physiothearpy students..

Options
  • 18-09-2014 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I am hoping to be accepted as a mature student for phyiothearpy in sept 2015. My question is in relation to the difficulity of the course. Im currently working as a paramedic in the ambulance service and have a great base of anatomy and physiology to work from but I have no prior studies in physics. On top of this I struggled quiet a lot with maths for my leaving certificate and needed three hours of maths grinds per week for six month before my leaving cert just to achieve a B2 in ordinary level. This has me worried.

That being said, I am older now and a lot more focused than I was when I was 17 sitting the leaving certificate so id imagine I would not find these subjects as difficult as I did back then, but I would still not be by any means very competent in them.

Would there be anyone on this forum that could possibly reference a physics textbook that is used on the course so I could go online and have a look at or even possibly provide me with a small glimpse of what the first year physics curriculum looks like from their existing course materials.

Id appreciate any help.

Thanks a million

Advertisement