Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Omniplex Rebrand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

How does the unemployed ticket work?

Do you show your social welfare card to them or something?
    Unemployed Rate - A recent social welfare payment receipt is a required document to avail of the unemployed rate offer
    http://www.imccinemas.ie/terms.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

How does the unemployed ticket work?

Do you show your social welfare card to them or something?

Yes, Bit sad i know but beats paying the full 10 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I have never paid more than €5 to either of them. If you can get the o2 priority all films are €5 Sunday to Thursday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

slimjimmc wrote: »

Thank you!

Very interesting stuff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

tonyheaney wrote: »
    Yes, Bit sad i know but beats paying the full 10 :D

Not a thing sad about saving yourself a few bob :)

• Advertisement

IMC is getting €1m upgrade now as well.

We really will have 2 state of the art cinemas to choose from now.

IMC is getting €1m upgrade now as well.

We really will have 2 state of the art cinemas to choose from now.

Two??? where is the other one?>??

Two??? where is the other one?>??

The old cinema at Superquinn is having a €5m refurb and 2 new screens added to it by Omniplex.

The old cinema at Superquinn is having a €5m refurb and 2 new screens added to it by Omniplex.

when was this announced? and does that mean omniplex are not leaving carlow?
    also how come the management didnt go back to omniplex?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭D_BEAR

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

when was this announced?
    Weeks ago, 'twas in the papers I believe. Saw an ad online for the new manager vacancy a few weeks before that. I initially thought it may be a prank considering there were earlier pranks on twitter purporting to be from Omniplex.
    and does that mean omniplex are not leaving carlow?
    Obviously not for the foreseeable future, they're opening their own cinema in competition to IMC. Who knows what the future holds though.
    also how come the management didnt go back to omniplex?
    You'd have to ask them if they did/didn't and why. Since IMC took over half of Omniplex's sites I doubt Omniplex has much need for the extra management.

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Weeks ago, 'twas in the papers I believe. Saw an ad online for the new manager vacancy a few weeks before that. I initially thought it may be a prank considering there were earlier pranks on twitter purporting to be from Omniplex.

Obviously not for the foreseeable future, they're opening their own cinema in competition to IMC. Who knows what the future holds though.

You'd have to ask them if they did/didn't and why. Since IMC took over half of Omniplex's sites I doubt Omniplex has much need for the extra management.

had a look at the omniplex website cant find it, but it must be a bit of a step down to go back to the old place, also he keeps mentioning they they poured a lot of money into it almost like begging for us to please come :rolleyes::rolleyes:

had a look at the omniplex website cant find it, but it must be a bit of a step down to go back to the old place, also he keeps mentioning they they poured a lot of money into it almost like begging for us to please come :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Why wouldn't they promote there business and show the people of Carlow they are bringing much needed jobs, business and money into the town by pouring money into revitalizing a premise that has been empty for the best part of a decade.

Why wouldn't they promote there business and show the people of Carlow they are bringing much needed jobs, business and money into the town by pouring money into revitalizing a premise that has been empty for the best part of a decade.

No don't get me wrong i love omniplex and ill most likely go with them from now on, and i read about the split with the partners but im hoping the chairs are the new 21st century versions as aposed to the level ones lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Omniplex

Hi Everyone,

The new Omniplex Carlow will open in a few weeks. They will be a full announcement nearer the time.

Regards,

Simon
    Marketing and Communications Manager
    Omniplex

Omniplex wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

The new Omniplex Carlow will open in a few weeks. They will be a full announcement nearer the time.

Regards,

Simon
    Marketing and Communications Manager
    Omniplex

Hi Simon

Can i ask you a few questions?

1. How you gotten round the need for special needs? As i remember it was a bit of a nightmare with buggies or wheelchairs the last time it was open.

2. How did you get the room for the extra two screens?

3. Will you have the same movies as IMC or will you show different? if say a big movie comes out and IMC have it will you also? what incentives have you got to grab customers?

4. Talking about incentive the IMC have many deals like unemployed and €5 movie deals and €10 movie and combo food deal. What will you have to match?

5. Will you have 3D? VIP Seating? Small screens or large?

6. I miss the old Omniplex website and the new IMC is really bad and not user friendly at all. Is your old carlow up and running?

7. Just before you left fairgreen you had assigned seating and the IMC stopped that and they stopped the automated ticked machine you had downstairs. Will these features be back?

8. Fairgreen has free parking, I know there is a multi story car park were you are now but will we have to pay?

9. Will you have new and old movies at your cinema? will you bring classics back and will you do a kids club?

Thank in advance Simon and im not with any media organisation im just a cinema going and what to know what is better on my pocket.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 theevilman

Hey Omniplex why you no answer tonys questions? They seem pretty fair and on the ball IMHO

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭steder

Omniplex you are happy enough to come on here and promote your new cinema,but you wont answer a few very valid questions from the very people you want going through your doors.

Your off too a bad start in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

steder wrote: »
    Omniplex you are happy enough to come on here and promote your new cinema,but you wont answer a few very valid questions from the very people you want going through your doors.

Your off too a bad start in my opinion.

More than likely warned not to post again until they get a "verified representatives" account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Owryan wrote: »
    More than likely warned not to post again until they get a "verified representatives" account.

Yep, more than likely. I mentioned my cafe and was told you're not allowed to promote your business on boards so assume same happened here.

Also. It's a long weekend so I assume that also has a part to play. I'm sure the mods will tell us if they've knuckle-rapped em

• Advertisement

Hopefully that's all it is,the competition between the two can only be a good thing for us punters :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Hi Simon

7. Just before you left fairgreen you had assigned seating and the IMC stopped that and they stopped the automated ticked machine you had downstairs. Will these features be back?

When you book online you can choose where you sit and collect your ticket from the machine downstairs.

My gripe with all cinemas is having to buy my ticket at the concessions counter.

Why don't cinemas have dedicated ticket booths in operation anymore? They're still in the cinemas, why don't you use them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Super-Rush wrote: »
    When you book online you can choose where you sit and collect your ticket from the machine downstairs.

My gripe with all cinemas is having to buy my ticket at the concessions counter.

Why don't cinemas have dedicated ticket booths in operation anymore? They're still in the cinemas, why don't you use them?

Save money on staffing? Also there is a book online option so you can skip those annoying queues

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭SimonPRepublic

Owryan wrote: »

This is exactly why. They're not allowed to post until they pay for a verified account.

Super-Rush wrote: »

I can answer these. Yes they will. All seating is assigned. You will be able to pick your own when you pre-book or you'll be asked to select when you buy in the cinema.

Hi Simon

1. How you gotten round the need for special needs? As i remember it was a bit of a nightmare with buggies or wheelchairs the last time it was open.

2. How did you get the room for the extra two screens?

3. Will you have the same movies as IMC or will you show different? if say a big movie comes out and IMC have it will you also? what incentives have you got to grab customers?

4. Talking about incentive the IMC have many deals like unemployed and €5 movie deals and €10 movie and combo food deal. What will you have to match?

5. Will you have 3D? VIP Seating? Small screens or large?

6. I miss the old Omniplex website and the new IMC is really bad and not user friendly at all. Is your old carlow up and running?

8. Fairgreen has free parking, I know there is a multi story car park were you are now but will we have to pay?

9. Will you have new and old movies at your cinema? will you bring classics back and will you do a kids club?

Thank in advance Simon and im not with any media organisation im just a cinema going and what to know what is better on my pocket.

Hi Tony,

Omniplex have been asked to pay for a verified account, so they can't answer direct yet. I can answer point 7 for you though, which is yes all seating will assigned.

Also re point 6: the current omniplex.ie website is the one that will need to be used.

I will check out the other points and come back to you though.

Cheers,

Simon.

Cheers Simon thanks for the replys!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭ffocused

IMC are selling butter popcorn now! The war has begun

Assigned seating is the reason I will more than likely stay away from Omniplex to be honest.

• Advertisement

I was in the Imc last sat nite and the seating was assigned! Now I did book online and got to pick my own seats. But I presume if you buy at ticket booth you don't get a choice and take what your given.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement