Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Omniplex Rebrand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

steder wrote: »
    I was in the Imc last sat nite and the seating was assigned! Now I did book online and got to pick my own seats. But I presume if you buy at ticket booth you don't get a choice and take what your given.
    I've been asked where I would like to sit, they've even turned the screen around to allow me see the layout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

brianblaze wrote: »
    Yep, more than likely. I mentioned my cafe and was told you're not allowed to promote your business on boards so assume same happened here.

Also. It's a long weekend so I assume that also has a part to play. I'm sure the mods will tell us if they've knuckle-rapped em

(with out advertising) what's your cafes name?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

*Not in anyway associated with the cafe or owner

It's Carlow Coffee Co. and it's pretty easy to find on facebook etc, It's located beside Tullys on Tullow st also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

That's me! Getting rave reviews so far online etc.

Went past the cinema yesterday, the old popcorn machine was outside the doors so I assume they're on the concessions area already. Fast moving!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

IMC have countered Omniplex opening they will open Ireland's largest screen tomorrow I see in today's Nationalist. (Just in time for Avengers :) )

The cinema wars begin lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭ffocused

IMC have countered Omniplex opening they will open Ireland's largest screen tomorrow I see in today's Nationalist. (Just in time for Avengers :) )

I just checked the Kildare Nationalist for the article & we did not get it across the border!
    Omniplex have an ad saying they are opening tomorrow though.

BUT is it really that big?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Hard to see how they won't cannibalize each other, to be honest. 2 cinemas less than 10 minutes walking distance apart doesn't make much sense.

Mr E wrote: »
    Hard to see how they won't cannibalize each other, to be honest. 2 cinemas less than 10 minutes walking distance apart doesn't make much sense.

And in such a small town too, also parkingh whats going on there? I feel a cinema in in four lakes dublin road or in the Dunnes area would have made more sence. both have ample of free parking.

In my mind if they went to four lakes they could easily have put an Omniplex there and have a Tesco there bring business out that way. People could have the option then to eat at supermacs and do some shopping in the tesco. THAT would make more practical business sense wouldn't it??? Anyone??? also the same in the dunnes site.

Just passed the omniplex it will be doing well to open tonight as advertised. There looks to be a bit of work to be done around the entrance.

• Advertisement

Just passed the omniplex it will be doing well to open tonight as advertised. There looks to be a bit of work to be done around the entrance.

Huh I just passed it at the same time it seems but if they open as advertised then I'd love to count up all the health and safety violations they leave behind. It looks a right mess

So in the local rag yesterday it said the IMC now has the biggest screen in Ireland? Throw in the free parking and that's a problem for the new place! Hope they put a bar or something in because otherwise it's just the same thing, but smaller

So in the local rag yesterday it said the IMC now has the biggest screen in Ireland? Throw in the free parking and that's a problem for the new place! Hope they put a bar or something in because otherwise it's just the same thing, but smaller
    What does is actually say. Is it that IMC have the largest screen or that IMC Carlow has the largest screen?
    I certainly doubt it's the latter because as I understand it the OmniplexMAXX format is even bigger and I don't think there was any screen changes made to IMC Carlow.

IMC Carlow now home to Ireland's largest screen, if I recall. No chance I'm wasting money on the Nationalist, but check out the front page next time you're in an auld shop!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭7foot ginger

slimjimmc wrote: »
    What does is actually say. Is it that IMC have the largest screen or that IMC Carlow has the largest screen?
    I certainly doubt it's the latter because as I understand it the OmniplexMAXX format is even bigger and I don't think there was any screen changes made to IMC Carlow.

IMC Carlow has refurbished screen 1. They have a new screen and sound system. It has a massive screen now. They will be doing up the seats soon too

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Surely cineworld's pretend imax is bigger?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭7foot ginger

Turtyturd wrote: »

I don't know anything about the size of other screens but they have upgraded the screen in recent weeks

Question: What does IMC stand for?
    stand by for a mind blowing revelation

tonyheaney wrote: »
    Question: What does IMC stand for?
    stand by for a mind blowing revelation

Irish Multiplex Cinemas.

:D:D:D:D Ah haaa so There is a typo in the main sign lol It says IMC Cinema so thats Irish Multiplex Cinemas Cinemas. :P:D:P:D:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

tonyheaney wrote: »
    :D:D:D:D Ah haaa so There is a typo in the main sign lol It says IMC Cinema so thats Irish Multiplex Cinemas Cinemas. :P:D:P:D:rolleyes:
    Irish Multiplex Cinemas Cinemas
    ie a cinema belonging to Irish Multiplex Cinemas, sounds ok ;)

Not a case of RIP In Peace then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭ffocused

Turtyturd wrote: »

Article says its 60ft by 25ft & Savoy screen 1 was largest screen until now. It's called 'IMC Galactic'

After a bit of searching her on boards (hat tip to Sad Professor) savoy screen 1 is 70ft by 22ft & 1540 square foot

Carlow is only 1500 square foot. Other screens are bigger then both according to the thread in question below.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057304947

Omniplex to officially open tomorrow..

They will open tonight the first film is at 6;00pm and all films tonight will be €5 according to there Facebook page.

The films on tonight are Fast & The Furious 7, Get Hard, Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2, Cinderella and The Water Diviner.

11088348_10153292077602400_4866740271167144884_n.jpg?oh=5ef279db19108b4e652f09e4ad1fb589&oe=55D9E73C

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Snaffles2014

Its definitely in a better location, way more food outlets nearby and its closer to pubs etc as well for late night screenings. If there is a price war on popcorn etc. then no harm in that. The prices are criminal for what you actually get.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

The prices are criminal for what you actually get.

That's what keeps these places open. I always buy the food when I go. A fiver a ticket is not going to make them much money.

Barely covers the license etc for the movie, money is in the peripherals

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Snaffles2014

PaulKK wrote: »
    That's what keeps these places open. I always buy the food when I go. A fiver a ticket is not going to make them much money.
    Barely covers the license etc for the movie, money is in the peripherals

Yeah, maybe so but still, paying €5 for a box of popcorn is brutal when you could make about 2 black bags of it for the same price.

Yeah, maybe so but still, paying €5 for a box of popcorn is brutal when you could make about 2 black bags of it for the same price.

I'll look out for you and your bin bags at Avengers on Thursday so!

• Advertisement

has the parking been sorted???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement