Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Omniplex Rebrand?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

PeteFalk78 wrote: »
    It seems you are going out of your way to be offended.

Not at all. I normally couldn't give a b0llix what other people say /think.
    Nothing wrong with the term, but following it up with them and zoo came off poorly imo.
    You didn't intend it that way as you say in you second post, so grand

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭7foot ginger

Been in there twice with the kids. First time there were 2 special needs kids with their carers and they were going crazy but got through the movie without too much disruption.

Went to the Minions recently and a whole bus load of them came in. Place was an absolute zoo, shouting and roaring, jumping up and down etc. Totally ruined the movie.

I hope you are teaching your children to be more tolerant than you. I also hope that you are always so lucky that you can look down your nose at those less fortunate than you. I'm so shocked that you post giving out about disabled children you should be ashamed of yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Jesus, get off your high horse. The man paid his money and is entitled to watch the film without any disturbances, he didn't say anything insulting or look down his nose at anybody. There is a certain etiquette around a cinema visit and it's bad form on the part of the carers to bring the group if they can't adhere to it. If it was a group of kids/teenagers/or a parent with a crying baby everyone would be siding with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

Been in there twice with the kids. First time there were 2 special needs kids with their carers and they were going crazy but got through the movie without too much disruption.

Went to the Minions recently and a whole bus load of them came in. Place was an absolute zoo, shouting and roaring, jumping up and down etc. Totally ruined the movie.

Jesus man, :eek::eek::eek: just be happy your children came out OK and you don't have to live with a special needs child. If you had A disabled or special needs child You'd probably stick yours in a darkened room. Shame the same cant be the same about you. Shame on you PeteFalk. Shame Shame Shame Shame Shame Shame Shame hang your head and walk away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭PeteFalk78

tonyheaney wrote: »
    Jesus man, :eek::eek::eek: just be happy your children came out OK and you don't have to live with a special needs child. If you had A disabled or special needs child You'd probably stick yours in a darkened room. Shame the same cant be the same about you. Shame on you PeteFalk. Shame Shame Shame Shame Shame Shame Shame hang your head and walk away.

So if you spent money to watch a movie with your kids. And that same movie was ruined by people shouting, jumping, climbing over seats and general unruly behaviour so much that it totally ruined the movie.

You think that is acceptable? You would just grin and bear it? If you say otherwise you're full of sh1t Tony.

• Advertisement

I was one of the carers who brings special needs like "them" to the cinemas. I was one of the people who watches them grow in special adapted schools. I know that they will in most cases Never grow up and have a normal life. In most cases they wont have family's of the own, In most cases they will never father or mother children of their own. They may In most cases never have fulling carers, or normal lives of their own. If you didn't like it go out get your money back and come back another time, and while your out enjoy the children you have who are i hope in good health both physically and mentally. children who will one day grow up have a normal life have jobs and marry and have children.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Have to say I do like the seats in the revamped Omniplex, they flex back and forth a little which mean I can get comfy. The competition between the 2 cinemas also means both companies have introduced a whole set of new deals which we never had before. Long may it continue.

Yeah i wandered what was going on moved seats as i though the one i was in was broken. But i really liked the face you could stretch in them. Sadly i didn't like how small screen 2 was so very small almost got claustrophobic in there.

I was one of the carers who brings special needs like "them" to the cinemas. I was one of the people who watches them grow in special adapted schools. I know that they will in most cases Never grow up and have a normal life. In most cases they wont have family's of the own, In most cases they will never father or mother children of their own. They may In most cases never have fulling carers, or normal lives of their own. If you didn't like it go out get your money back and come back another time, and while your out enjoy the children you have who are i hope in good health both physically and mentally. children who will one day grow up have a normal life have jobs and marry and have children.

That's fantastic Tony. Fancy answering my question though?
    So if you spent money to watch a movie with your kids. And that same movie was ruined by people shouting, jumping, climbing over seats and general unruly behaviour so much that it totally ruined the movie.

You think that is acceptable? You would just grin and bear it?

That's fantastic Tony. Fancy answering my question though?

did you go down to "them"? ask them to be quite or did you grin and bare up?

• Advertisement

did you go down to them? ask them to be quite or did you grin and bare up?

So you are using "them" too but yet you made a point of me using it before. Strange.

I didn't ask them. Their carers were already aware of the situation and were pointlessly trying to control them. I wasn't grinning.

And you still didn't answer my question.

Pete kids club and kids films in general are not the same as when adults go to watch films. Children laugh loudly scream with excitement etc. by the nature of children they generally are not expected to sit quietly with their fingers on their lips in this day and age. So what you expect from going to these films is clearly completely different from what I or any one I know expects.

I am really just shocked by your attitude to children who can't help their behaviour because sadly they don't/can't understand the world around them. But maybe you should go an kick up a fuss with the manager of the cinema and they will make it more difficult for children like them to go to the cinema, which is possibly the only bit of enjoyment they get, just so you get to sit quietly and watch your film and get your money's worth. Because that really is the most important thing in the world isn't it.

I'll answer that question I would just grin and bear it. Until my child would probably get up and run around with them too. then I'd leave so she wouldn't hurt herself. I wouldn't come on here and complain about it like you have because as I've already stated I can see that those poor children can't help it. I can also see that their carers do the best they can in an extremely difficult job. Which I admire them greatly for doing.

Pete kids club and kids films in general are not the same as when adults go to watch films. Children laugh loudly scream with excitement etc. by the nature of children they generally are not expected to sit quietly with their fingers on their lips in this day and age. So what you expect from going to these films is clearly completely different from what I or any one I know expects.

I am really just shocked by your attitude to children who can't help their behaviour because sadly they don't/can't understand the world around them. But maybe you should go an kick up a fuss with the manager of the cinema and they will make it more difficult for children like them to go to the cinema, which is possibly the only bit of enjoyment they get, just so you get to sit quietly and watch your film and get your money's worth. Because that really is the most important thing in the world isn't it.

I'll answer that question I would just grin and bear it. Until my child would probably get up and run around with them too. then I'd leave so she wouldn't hurt herself. I wouldn't come on here and complain about it like you have because as I've already stated I can see that those poor children can't help it. I can also see that their carers do the best they can in an extremely difficult job. Which I admire them greatly for doing.

You making out that I have some vendetta against special needs people. There are people in my extended family that are severely handicapped. Of course its a difficult job - I never said otherwise.

However in an environment where quietness and decorum is important I think there should be seperate screenings for people who may cause a disturbance. Should similar excuses be made of people who disturb Sunday mass or funerals?

And by the way, I must have been at 100 kids movies with my kids and I know well what to expect - the occasional laugh and bit of tomfoolery but generally it's fine. The movie was also ruined for kids also as one of the other kids was trying to take his sweets and then went ballistic then the carer hauled him back. This happened 4 times. This along with the jumping up in down making it impossible to view the screen.

Finally I find it very hard to believe you wouldn't have an issue with spending 15euro for a movie you couldn't watch. You must have a lot of disposal income.

Anyway I'm done trying to justify myself. Bottom line is that I obviously have nothing against special needs and their carers. I just think in cinemas (and other areas were quietness is required) some alternative arrangements should be in place.

So you are using "them" too but yet you made a point of me using it before. Strange.

I didn't ask them. Their carers were already aware of the situation and were pointlessly trying to control them. I wasn't grinning.

And you still didn't answer my question.

I used the term "Them" to be phseasus phasisious Sarcastic

You making out that I have some vendetta against special needs people. There are people in my extended family that are severely handicapped. Of course its a difficult job - I never said otherwise.

However in an environment where quietness and decorum is important I think there should be seperate screenings for people who may cause a disturbance. Should similar excuses be made of people who disturb Sunday mass or funerals?

And by the way, I must have been at 100 kids movies with my kids and I know well what to expect - the occasional laugh and bit of tomfoolery but generally it's fine. The movie was also ruined for kids also as one of the other kids was trying to take his sweets and then went ballistic then the carer hauled him back. This happened 4 times. This along with the jumping up in down making it impossible to view the screen.

Finally I find it very hard to believe you wouldn't have an issue with spending 15euro for a movie you couldn't watch. You must have a lot of disposal income.

Anyway I'm done trying to justify myself. Bottom line is that I obviously have nothing against special needs and their carers. I just think in cinemas (and other areas were quietness is required) some alternative arrangements should be in place.

1. The Term handicapped is incorrect its special needs
    2. And by god it is a difficult job many nights i come home to fall asleep on the sofa
    3. separate screenings ARE YOU HAVING A LAUGH?? heck why stop there?? why don't you just vote to them all aborted before their born??? that'll save you a few bucks at the movies!!!!
    4. Please Mr. troll stop making things up to make your argument sound realistic, NO ONE TRIED TO STEAL YOUR SWEETS
    5. ITS A BLOODY KIDS CLUB YOUR NOT EXPECTED TO KEEP QUITE YOU INSUFFERABLE MORON.

SERIOUSLY DO ONE THING FOR ME AND KEEP YOUR WORD AND DO NOT RETURN

1. The Term handicapped is incorrect its special needs
    2. And by god it is a difficult job many nights i come home to fall asleep on the sofa
    3. separate screenings ARE YOU HAVING A LAUGH?? heck why stop there?? why don't you just vote to them all aborted before their born??? that'll save you a few bucks at the movies!!!!
    4. Please Mr. troll stop making things up to make your argument sound realistic, NO ONE TRIED TO STEAL YOUR SWEETS
    5. ITS A BLOODY KIDS CLUB YOUR NOT EXPECTED TO KEEP QUITE YOU INSUFFERABLE MORON.

SERIOUSLY DO ONE THING FOR ME AND KEEP YOUR WORD AND DO NOT RETURN

Nice guy much Tony? First you call me a liar and then an insufferable moron.

Its a cinema of course you are supposed to keep quiet. Don't you see the little ads before the movie like turn off the mobile phone, to keep noise to a minimum. They appear at kids movies also - although I'm sure that's not the only thing that goes over your head.

I'm tempted to comment more about your erratic posts that have smeared the Carlow forum for quite a while but I'll show some restraint.

I'm sure you would find it hard to believe that someone would have an understanding for others and see that those poor children couldn't help their behaviour. I wouldn't go and demand a refund because 1 it's the wrong thing to do. But 2 I would die of embarrassment because it's a horrible thing to do and a horrible attitude to have. I hope I never end up sitting beside you at a kids club because I don't expect my child to sit silently with decorum because she's a child let her have fun when she can!!

I actually have changed my mind slightly these children maybe should have private screenings of films but not to protect other sensitive patrons like yourself but to protect them from people with attitudes like yours.

Nice guy much Tony? First you call me a liar and then an insufferable moron.

Its a cinema of course you are supposed to keep quiet. Don't you see the little ads before the movie like turn off the mobile phone, to keep noise to a minimum. They appear at kids movies also - although I'm sure that's not the only thing that goes over your head.

I'm tempted to comment more about your erratic posts that have smeared the Carlow forum for quite a while but I'll show some restraint.

PeteFalk78 I have children boy and girl. They are free to express them selves in any way they feel free. I do not stifle their creativity, while they learn respect for other peoples feelings i teach them to accept other peoples short comings. so yes i am a great fcuking father to them i am no King to them but i am a father a teacher and a dad. I fear for your children i bet they must suffer your Victorian attitude at home also. they must sit equitably and quietly at home also?? I know your type i suffered your type and will not fall silently to your type.

Go now Mr troll This will be my final post to you, I shall sit back here and watch you make an even big of a fool of your self. Go now Mt troll amuse me, your king demands it of you

http://www.movies-at.ie/special-needs.php
    http://www.odeoncinemas.ie/accessibility/autism-friendly-cinema-screenings/
    The special performances have subtle changes to the cinema environment which mean that people who have sensory difficulties have a more positive experience than they would in a traditional cinema setting. Changes include:
    • The lights being kept on at a low level
    • Lower than usual sound levels
    • No trailers or advertisements - just the film
    • Allowance for increased levels of movement and noise

Seems separate screenings already happen at other cinemas. Jeez how intolerant/insufferable are those cinema chains? Terrible.

Read comments
    http://www.netmums.com/coffeehouse/general-coffeehouse-chat-514/wine-bar-494/1059832-woman-told-leave-cinema-because-son-who-has-autism-making-lot-noise-all.html

By the way Tony, which group do you volunteer carer services for?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Mod Note:

While it's understandable debates can get a little heated, the last few posts in this thread have taken the biscuit and have gone completely off the beaten track. Warnings were issued and now bans have been issued for crossing the line and taking it too far. With that in mind, I am locking this thread for 48hrs to let everybody cool down. When it re-opens, I think we can all agree that the latest discussion in this thread is now finished so lets not bring it up again.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement