Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how do i bring a small claims case against sony playstation?

Options
  • 18-09-2014 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭

Just wondering would anyone know how id go about bringing a case to small claims court if needs be against Sony playstation
    I rang sony head office here in ireland regarding the treatment im receiving from sony playstation uk and they said they are tottally seperate from playstation altogether that its Sony playstation uk who deal with issues here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Where did you buy the item you have the issue with? what shop or retailer did you buy from?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Golfnut77

Is it faulty goods? If so then how soon after purchasing did you notice it, and did you contact Sony immediately?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

AFIAK you can take them to the SCC here and the outcome will be binding in the other jurisdiction but you should check that.

I suggest you contact the European Consumer Centre. they'll advise you on dealing with businesses in other EU member states.
    http://www.eccireland.ie/faqs/european-consumer-centre/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

The issue I'm having is sony has it after taking it back for repair two months ago
    but iv been fobbed off the last two months as to its return to me, first they said they hadn't a clue where it's gone to wait and see if it turns up, then I was told it was severely damaged in transit, then I was told it's actually lost
    this is all between their screening centre and repair centre they are both in dispute with each other and its me who's paying for their mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

slimjimmc wrote: »
    AFIAK you can take them to the SCC here and the outcome will be binding in the other jurisdiction but you should check that.

I suggest you contact the European Consumer Centre. they'll advise you on dealing with businesses in other EU member states.
    http://www.eccireland.ie/faqs/european-consumer-centre/

I think that will be my best bet as its not the retailers (gamestop) fault its sonys they received it and then lost it but have failed to provide me a replacement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Did you send it back through Gamestop? Then it's Gamestop you need to pursue, not Sony.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 protectcork

for a consumer to bring a small claims application in the district Court. First of all the consumer cannot bring any small claim procedure unless the business of the trader is registered on CRO. Does not matter if the non registered is in business for many years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

Are you dealing with them via phone and email ? If so stop. Write a letter to the CEO of Sony Ireland, Sony UK and GameStop. Detail exactly what occurred and detail what you want them to do to remedy the situation. Give them your phone number. Writing a physical letter normally gets prompt attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

amen wrote: »
    Are you dealing with them via phone and email ? If so stop. Write a letter to the CEO of Sony Ireland, Sony UK and GameStop. Detail exactly what occurred and detail what you want them to do to remedy the situation. Give them your phone number. Writing a physical letter normally gets prompt attention.

I can't find Sony Ireland business headquarters, so if anyone has the address for Sony Ireland forward it on.

This above approach is the best route to take, but it must be by written letter regarding your complaint, also including your name/address and phone number. At the end of this letter, tell them... I would appreciate a response to my complaint within 10 working days. Then wait for a phone-call from their head management.

The pen is mightier than the sword.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

for a consumer to bring a small claims application in the district Court. First of all the consumer cannot bring any small claim procedure unless the business of the trader is registered on CRO. Does not matter if the non registered is in business for many years.
    This is incorrect.

Under the Small Claims Court rules SI 519 of 2009
    “business” means a natural or legal person (including a company, partnership or natural person trading as a sole trader) who supplies, sells or purchases goods or services in the ordinary course of a business;
    A sole trader only needs to register with the CRO if they trade under a trade name instead of under their own name.

• Advertisement
Advertisement