Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's happening at the Ilac?

Options
  • 18-09-2014 6:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭

Henry street almost fully blocked off, ilac closed and blocked off, huge police and fire brigade force out. Anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭SATSUMA

Its a bomb scare apparantly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭DLMA23

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 109 ✭✭Rogaine2

I believe there is a bit of a situation there.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 userofnames123

For real?? I've just left the Ilac library 5 minutes ago was there since maybe 7pm. Bomb scare you fudging serious?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

For real?? I've just left the Ilac library 5 minutes ago was there since maybe 7pm. Bomb scare you fudging serious?

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/dublins-ilac-shopping-centre-evacuated-after-suspect-package-discovered-30598196.html

was evacuated by gardai at around 6pm.

It is believed a suspect package was found in the Zara store at the centre.
    However shortly before 7pm the package was declared a 'false alarm'.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭ekimiam

the amount of looky loos swarming around the garda tape was disgusting!
    It really saddens me to think there are that many idiots around.
    one gang of tracksuit-mothers swerved their buggy into the tape when they saw a gap, and hassled people who were trying to walk forward who she blocked.

the public only had a small space to move around , outside the 'golden disks' corner on Liffey street and it was choked with asshats with cameras.

maby the authorities could have cleared it a bit by revealing what might happen
    'there might be an explosion , get your child's buggy out of the firing line or at least turn it around'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

ekimiam wrote: »
    the amount of looky loos swarming around the garda tape was disgusting!
    It really saddens me to think there are that many idiots around.
    one gang of tracksuit-mothers swerved their buggy into the tape when they saw a gap, and hassled people who were trying to walk forward who she blocked.

the public only had a small space to move around , outside the 'golden disks' corner on Liffey street and it was choked with asshats with cameras.

maby the authorities could have cleared it a bit by revealing what might happen
    'there might be an explosion , get your child's buggy out of the firing line or at least turn it around'
    what's a "looky loo", rubberneckers?
    "asshat", that's a new one on me also.

Are these common terms or are you inventing your own vernacular. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭ekimiam

imme wrote: »
    what's a "looky loo", rubberneckers?
    "asshat", that's a new one on me also.

Are these common terms or are you inventing your own vernacular. :o

looky loo is the yank equivalent!
    and asshat is a safe version of .......
    I do like to play with language a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 41 userofnames123

Aw. That made for a less thrilling story to add to an underwhelming day of study. Thanks for the clarification though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement