Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health Insurance Claim

Options
  • 18-09-2014 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭

Hi im looking for some advice. I had health insurance for years but let it go 3 years ago but 4 months ago I set it up again. I understand its counted as a new policy.
    In the last few weeks I seem to have a shoulder issue (non painful and non emergency but defiantly will need medical attention to correct). I was looking to get peoples opinions before I go about it. Is there any point until 6 months? Will they try and get out of covering me by saying it could of developed before I took up my policy? What are people experiences in similar situations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

If the problem develped after you took out the plan you have waiting period of 6 months for cover, so two months left.
    If it's a pre exisitng condition you'll have a waiting period of a number of years depending on your age.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

LostArt wrote: »
    If the problem develped after you took out the plan you have waiting period of 6 months for cover, so two months left.
    If it's a pre exisitng condition you'll have a waiting period of a number of years depending on your age.
    How would you define if it's pre existing it may have noticed it recently but the root cause may go back longer is it something a doctor or consultant decides?

Advertisement