Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spoiler Tags Not Working on IOS

Options
  • 18-09-2014 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭

Spolier tags don't appear to have been working on IOS for some time but I decided to wait until after IOS 8 to raise this being the considerate chap that I am. If it makes any differece I'm using Safari on an iPad 4 which has been upgraded to IOS8.

Could this be looked into please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

I've tested on some non iOS 8 devices here (an iPad 2 and an iPhone 4) and both are showing spoilers as intended. I created this test thread to try it, can you attach a screen shot of what you're seeing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Shred

Sound, I'll be home shortly and will give that a go. Thanks.

Totally forgot about getting back to you on this and it looks like I've given you the wrong impression - the problem is I can see spoiler tags but I can't unhide the text behind them.

Working fine on my iPhone 5S with iOS 7.1.2. If I tap the blanked out spoiler it appears.

Weird. If I tap a spoiler nothing happens at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,566 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Think ye need to specify what site you're using. Is it www, m or touch. AFAIR only touch shows spoilers on touch enabled screens.

Think ye need to specify what site you're using. Is it www, m or touch. AFAIR only touch shows spoilers on touch enabled screens.

Ah I didn't realise that and you're right - they do work on the touch site (I was hitting the WWW site).

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement