Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canon 500d

• 18-09-2014 7:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭

Hey all im looking to buy a cannon 500dlsr and i'm just wondering where to look , I've been on adverts and done deal and i'm not sure whats the right price i should be looking at

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Adverts is where I would usually look for second hand, you could keep an eye out in bricks and mortar shops in town too (Dublin) if you're passing them as they do have some from time to time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭jbv

Depends of the owner, might find a good deal.
    Mine it's for sale, on adverts.
    Upgraded to full frame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

jbv wrote: »
    Depends of the owner, might find a good deal.
    Mine it's for sale, on adverts.
    Upgraded to full frame.

You upgraded a 500D to full frame? How exactly?

Beano wrote: »

Cash injection :)

Cork_girl wrote: »
    I'd imagine a little cash :)

well yes but the 500D is an APS-C sensor. You would need to replace that sensor with a sensor from a full frame camera like a 5D. Probably cheaper to buy a 5D.

• Advertisement

well yes but the 500D is an APS-C sensor. You would need to replace that sensor with a sensor from a full frame camera like a 5D. Probably cheaper to buy a 5D.

He upgraded by selling off the older camera and buying a newer one - I don't think he literally meant he rebuilt the older camera ;) Hence why he's telling the OP that he has it for sale..

Cork_girl wrote: »
    He upgraded by selling off the older camera and buying a newer one - I don't think he literally meant he rebuilt the older camera ;) Hence why he's telling the OP that he has it for sale..

oops. totally misunderstood what he said. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭b318isp

Have a look on http://www.photographyireland.net/equipment-for-sale.html.

There is a 40D there for €300. Super camera.

Got a new camera.

Got a new camera.

yeah we established that already. thank you for drawing further attention to my inability to read

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭defrule

Nooo don't go for the 500d, get the 600d, I have one and it has 3x crop mode which is not available in any other camera!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

defrule wrote: »
    Nooo don't go for the 500d, get the 600d, I have one and it has 3x crop mode which is not available in any other camera!
    +1 for the 600D.
    I had one for 3 years and it was a great camera. I used it with 50mm 1:4 and a 100/400L lens. Couldn't reccommend it enough, eventually traded it in for a 70D.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭candytog

Bare in mind if you want to get into video the 500d only records at 20fps whereas the 550 and the 600 go to 30fps which is what you really need. Doesn't seem a huge diff in price between a used 500s and 550s but there is a jump to the 600 methinks.

candytog wrote: »
    Bare in mind if you want to get into video the 500d only records at 20fps whereas the 550 and the 600 go to 30fps which is what you really need. Doesn't seem a huge diff in price between a used 500s and 550s but there is a jump to the 600 methinks.

If you want video, this is the camera for you, Canon 7d.
    For a 600 D the money difference doesn't really justify if used for photo shooting.
    Canon 500D it's a really good camera, the flip screen it's not a necessity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Canon 500D it's a really good camera, the flip screen it's not a necessity.
    I have never used the flip screen for videoing, as I've got never really got into it. But I have used it extensitely when doing macro work with a tripod and boy does it make life easy, especially for low down stuff.
    In my opinion once you 've used the flip screen you'll never go back :)

Advertisement