Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

365online security issue

Options
  • 18-09-2014 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Hi,

I got a little frustrated with 365online tonight. The website was not texting out any security codes (I needed it to get an eStatement). So I - quite, ahem, characteristically for me - repeatedly clicked the request link in anger. Instead of asking me repeatedly for my verification code, it eventually just let me through to get my statement (I never entered the code). It then completely shut down, saying that all services were "temporarily unavailable".

I'm glad I got the statement, but if part of the the banks' security system can be subverted by "just clicking it a bit", it has me concerned. I've reported it to the bank, but I'm sure they will be content to just sweep it under the carpet. Who else should I talk to if I am worried - the Financial Ombudsman - do they deal with online?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

You will have to have all avenues exhausted with BOI before the FO will entertain a complaint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

rgunning wrote: »
    Hi,

I got a little frustrated with 365online tonight. The website was not texting out any security codes (I needed it to get an eStatement). So I - quite, ahem, characteristically for me - repeatedly clicked the request link in anger. Instead of asking me repeatedly for my verification code, it eventually just let me through to get my statement (I never entered the code). It then completely shut down, saying that all services were "temporarily unavailable".

I'm glad I got the statement, but if part of the the banks' security system can be subverted by "just clicking it a bit", it has me concerned. I've reported it to the bank, but I'm sure they will be content to just sweep it under the carpet. Who else should I talk to if I am worried - the Financial Ombudsman - do they deal with online?
    Hi rgunning, 

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

This sounds very unusual and we'd like to look into this further. Can you clarify what request link you were clicking on to then be shown your estatement?

If you are not receiving the security code to your mobile, please enter an incorrect code three times in total, such as 1234567. The system will then send you a new code for your estatement to your registered mobile. If you have done this, and you still do not receive the code, we would recommend that you call Bank of Ireland 365 on 0818 365 365 and our colleagues will be happy to look into this further for you. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭rgunning

Thanks Sarah, but after seeing that I getting charged >20c for every ATM and 365 online transaction, I found that the best solution is to move my current account to Ulster Bank. I'm not gonna pay top dollar in fees if I can't trust the system.

FYI, I would have liked to tell you what the problem was, but nobody is still answering the phones. I had an e-mail prepared with all the details, but you guys don't do e-mails.

You probably want to look in to that whole security thing though, I was genuinely shocked.

rgunning wrote: »
    Hi,

Hi rgunning, 

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

This sounds very unusual and we'd like to look into this further. Can you clarify what request link you were clicking on to then be shown your estatement?

If you are not receiving the security code to your mobile, please enter an incorrect code three times in total, such as 1234567. The system will then send you a new code for your estatement to your registered mobile. If you have done this, and you still do not receive the code, we would recommend that you call Bank of Ireland 365 on 0818 365 365 and our colleagues will be happy to look into this further for you. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi rgunning,

We're very disappointed that we will not have the opportunity to investigate this. We have checked with our System Support Team and there have been no reports of other customers experiencing what you described. We are also unsure of the "request link" you referred to on 365 Online.   

We understand from time to time the BOI365 lines may be busy however, they are opened 8am - midnight Monday to Friday and from 9am - 6pm weekends and bank holidays. It is possible to contact BOI365 by secure email by sending an Ask a Question message via Online Service Desk when logged on.

We hope you change your mind and allow us the opportunity to investigate the issues you have raised here. If you wish, please send us a pm with your name, contact phone number and account holding branch, we don't require your account or log in details. We can then arrange for a representative to call you at a convenient time to go through this in detail.

Thanks
    Tara  

Advertisement