Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Carrying a subject to the following year?

• 18-09-2014 9:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭

While I know it's rare I'm wondering how many people have carried a failed module into the following year?

Have many people appealed exams and won their case?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭iiHyPeRize

I know of people who have carried a subject. But I've also known people who only failed one module and was forced to repeat it. I'm not sure how the process works, get in touch with the chair of your course or whoever fast. I think it's only certain circumstances they'll allow you to carry failed modules. Different schools in DCU have different rules, which course are you doing?

In terms of appealing exams, usually you'd arrange to view your script and go through it with the lecturer and if you found errors in marking or something you felt was marked down, it might give you some grounds for an appeal. But appealing for the sake of appealing won't do you any good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭cw67irl

It's a science course, I had deferred the Xmas exams due to illness and unfortunately one had caught me put in August.

Can the head of school allow me through depending on the circumstances?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭iiHyPeRize

As far as I know yes, and illness is one of the circumstances. But you'll need to contact someone about it ASAP. Today is the final day for registration, so you'll probably be forced to pay late fees too.

Advertisement