Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rabbit on the menu

Options
  • 18-09-2014 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of a Restaurant in Dublin that has rabbit on the menu?
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

No but i know of a supermarket that regularly sell it?

Unless it's cooked really well, it's unpleasant

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Stheno wrote: »
    No but i know of a supermarket that regularly sell it?

Unless it's cooked really well, it's unpleasant

Do you mean Well done???? Rabbit should be pink, it's extremely lean and treated such

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Kewreeuss

Yes, I can pick it up in the butchers, and I usually section it and pot roast it.
    I would just like to get it cooked by someone else and served to me with a bit more sophistication than my own style.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Location-specific query, so moved to relevant Region forum from F&D.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭tara83

Was in the Chop House in Ringsend recently and they had a lovely rabbit dish as a main. Pretty sure it was on the regular menu and not a special.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

Most of the French restaurants in town will have it. I love rabbit and think its a shame we don´t eat more of it here!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Chapter One often have rabbit on the menu.

Edit: none at the moment though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sniperman

Most of the French restaurants in town will have it. I love rabbit and think its a shame we don´t eat more of it here!
    fully agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Seven Social often have rabbit on the menu. On their August menu they had a rabbit & pork dish

http://www.sevensocial.ie/menus

If you drop them a line on their facebook page they're normally happy to answer questions too & could let you know :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Whitefriar grill had it on their menu yesterday. It was tasty.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

duploelabs wrote: »
    Do you mean Well done???? Rabbit should be pink, it's extremely lean and treated such

No I meant what you posted, cooking it to death is horrible

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

It was on the menu in darwins recently

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Slow cooked Rabbit is delicious. Its how it is often served in Spain, coming from catching wild rabbits that were a bit more stringy.

I have seen it on the menu in La Paloma, Spanish restaurant in Temple Bar. However am not 100% is this was a special or permanent on the menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Stheno wrote: »
    No I meant what you posted, cooking it to death is horrible

Braised is delicious too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

I Bar-b-qed once with salt pepper and mustard and it was gorgeous stewed was'nt bad either definitely something I would do again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sniperman

got these today,will roast a few next week;)

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Kewreeuss

Thank you everyone, I will check out all those places.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 crystallamp

What does rabbit taste like, when cooked properly? I imagine it somewhere between duck and venison?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

Terra Madre often has it on the menu too

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Todd Gack

Fade Street Social which is on Fade Street surprisingly enough has it as a regular menu dish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

China Sichuan beside the Luas at Sandyford has it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

What does rabbit taste like, when cooked properly? I imagine it somewhere between duck and venison?

It tastes like a leaner gamier chicken. Certainly not a strong a flavour as duck or venison.

Hare is a darker meat , I have yet to try it but I imagine it would have a stronger flavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

El Bahia (Moroccan restaurant) serves two rabbit dishes.
    Casablanca Knia
    Fillet of rabbit cooked and served Casablanca style in olive oil, garlic, saffron, carmelised
    onion, and sweet sultana

Mhancha Bastilla
    A bastilla of fillet of rabbit in a delicious mix of sultanas and almonds with saffron sauce in a roulade of filo pastry, baked until crisp and finished with a honey coating

I've had the first one in there before, delicious, the meat was falling apart.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Absolutely dying for some rabbit now :pac: Tried it in Prague for the first time last month.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭johny33

Admiral on Marlborough street should have it, too...

Advertisement