Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

5S or 6?

• 18-09-2014 10:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭

I've traditionally always upgraded my phone to the one below this year's release, buying second hand. Never had any problems. I'm currently on the five & I like it. Does what I want it to, although I do like the slowmo feature on the 5S.

Accounting for the fact that the 5S is going to be a speed jump for me anyway, is there any real difference (size excluded) between the 5S & 6 ?

I'll be going faster anyway, I'll be getting slomo. I don't think NFC will be adopted in Ireland any time soon, I am interested in the health data & currently use a fitbit combined with runkeeper & my fitness pal to get my data, does the 6 eliminate the need for the fitbit device ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Thinner, lighter, bigger screen...and crucially, a year of better software. I'd run an iPhone 5 on iOS 8 but wouldn't run a 4S on it, so down the line you could run iOS 10 or 11 on a 6 better than a 5S.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

NFC has a better chance of happening in Ireland as many shops around dublin already have NFC terminals in place. That being said the iPhone 5S is a great phone. Its internals power the iPad mini with retina display which is apple's currently highest resolution screen.

Advertisement