Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

02 or Three?

Options
  • 18-09-2014 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

Long story short, have been with Vodafone forever, contract is up at the end of the month.
    I'm not staying as they are just too expensive.

Have whittled down my choices to 3 plans...
    1) 15 Euro prepay plan from o2 350 texts and unlimited data and 60 minute any network add on...20 Euro total

2) 20.33 SIM only plan with three

3) 20 euro prepay deal...three

Meteor/emobile not an option as the coverage isn't good at home

Also would prefer a network with a retail section as it's easier to sort out complicated issues, this rules out the MVNO's

Anyone got any opinions on these plans? Coverage/value for money? Or could recommended any similar plans? Thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Three are taking over O2 anyway so you'll be a Three customer no matter what.

I'd go with their €20 Pay As You Go offer, you also get free 4G too until November which is great.

You'd also have the option to shop around aswell should a better offer come on the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,818 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Tesco might be another option, uses the O2 network.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭DUBLIN_person

Three are taking over O2 anyway so you'll be a Three customer no matter what.

I'd go with their €20 Pay As You Go offer, you also get free 4G too until November which is great.

You'd also have the option to shop around aswell should a better offer come on the market.

Was aware of the o2 three merger but afaik from reading here, the physical merging of networks is a while off yet?
    Thanks, would be leaning towards the prepay alright, after 4yrs of Bill pay on Vodafone. Just too expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭DUBLIN_person

Tesco might be another option, uses the O2 network.

Was considering Tesco, great value, however in my experience, the Vodafone shop's used to be better able to deal with my queries then the customer care at times also if I have to send off a phone for repair, I don't know would my local Tesco arrange that for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Was considering Tesco, great value, however in my experience, the Vodafone shop's used to be better able to deal with my queries then the customer care at times also if I have to send off a phone for repair, I don't know would my local Tesco arrange that for me!

As has been posted several times already on this forum, Tesco's Customer Service agents are the best in the business by a country mile. And their €15 prepay plan is probably the best available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭TomoBhoy

48 network is actually quite surprisingly good, I've been through meteor, tesco and three over the last 4 months and I can make call out of my black spot area in my house which really pretty much nailed it

Advertisement