Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Circus animals

• 18-09-2014 10:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭

There is a circus on this weekend near me in Kildare .While out walking with my kids today they asked could we stop in and get tickets to go tomorrow evening.I was very surprised to see the animals they have .There is crocodiles ,macaws ,ponies ,camels , and a tiger!

I thought the practice of having large / dangerous animals in circus was stopped at least in Ireland.Obviously that's not the case but how and why is a circus allowed to have animals like this when there is no way they can possibly look after their needs in any way?

Needless to say we wont be going to the circus and after explaining why to my kids they agreed .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

No, unfortunately not, although I think I remember seeing one council has now banned live animals, but can't remember which one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I think Galway and possibly cork have banned animals in circuses on public land, hopefully it'll spread across the country soon. I remember as a young kid going to a circuis with tigers; not knowing any better at the time, we went to the back "zoo" part after to see the animals and one of the Tigers was in obvious distress and was getting sick. Saw in the paper the next day she had given birth to two cubs. Horrible that she was performing that day and then was being gawked at by people while giving birth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

I work in a shop in Ballincollig in Cork and recently there were two circuses in town. Both came by with posters for me to put up on the windows, I was really horrified to find out one had loads of exotic animals on show.
    Needless to say the posters and free passes for that one went in the bin. Awful to think the life those poor creatures have :-(
    I actually avoid circuses because I'm always really worried they have animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭crustybla

My kids have never been to a circus. They never ask as they understand why I won't bring them. Amazing this carry on still goes on really.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭bewhiched

Disgusting I'd NEVER bring my kids to see one of these

• Advertisement
Advertisement