Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Omni shopping centre

Options
  • 18-09-2014 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi.
    I plan to start my own business. Currently I'm looking for a good place to run my business.It will be a shop for kids. Could anyone say something about Omni shopping centre in Santry? I've been there last time and saw some retail to let upstairs but also two shops are currently closing. So my question is Do you think is it a good, busy place to run business? Do someone have any experience? I saved some money and I do not want to loose it.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Upstairs doesn't get the footfall in there I'm afraid ..I'm from the area and have never sat foot up stairs other than going through elverys.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,181 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

I have to agree with the posting above, i live within walking distance of Omni, i don't think that i have ever gone upstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Dubwat

I agree with the comments about the Omni. Also, it's hard to get in/out of the place during peak hours.

There were a lot of creches built during the boom years... They can't all be full? Don't know what your business is but could you run it on-line/over the internet and maybe rent a small display space in a local creche? Maybe share some of the costs/risks with a local creche?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Asdfghjkl987

I have to disagree about upstairs. It has the potential to be great all it needs is a decent shop to open! If a children's clothes shop was up there that would be reasonably priced I'd have no doubt it would do great business as people from around the area have to go upstairs to get their driving licence also! Best of luck with your business anyway whatever you decide:)

Advertisement