Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to live in Kildare?

Options
  • 18-09-2014 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I am hoping to move to the East sometime soon. I had been thinking of heading to either Naas or Maynooth (although I am open to suggestions). I visited both towns recently. I have to admit my heart sank a little when I came into Naas. I was hoping that it would be a little bit more livelier! I'm in my late twenties and I spent part of the day there and found it difficult to spot anyone of my age walking around! Although... maybe people were at work... . ;-)

Maynooth seemed a lot livelier. Although, I'm kinda worried if it's full of young students. I've really gone past that stage now.

Basically I'm looking for somewhere to live outside of Dublin (preferably Kildare) that has lots of people of my age there. I really want to take part in evening activities and socialize at the weekend there too.

Thanks in advance for comments/suggestions!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sashah123

Hello guys,
    I am new to boards.ie and don't know how to open a new thread, that's why I am posting my question here. We are planning to buy house in kildare town, currently living in dublin. We are planning to have baby next year, I have no idea about maternity hospital near kildare town. Can someone please guide me or share there experience how it will work. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭mightyreds

sashah123 wrote: »
    Hello guys,
    I am new to boards.ie and don't know how to open a new thread, that's why I am posting my question here. We are planning to buy house in kildare town, currently living in dublin. We are planning to have baby next year, I have no idea about maternity hospital near kildare town. Can someone please guide me or share there experience how it will work. Thanks in advance.

You will have to travel to Dublin to one there for treatment. You could also try port laoise but haven't heard great stories from that hospital from relatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Hello guys,

Portlaoise is closest to Kildare town... but I would avoid

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭eusap

Hello guys,

Most people travel to the coombe and they do a outpatients service in Naas hospital in normal times. So your regular visits in Naas and give birth in the coombe.

To the OP hard to judge in covid times, but Naas/Salins has many people moving here in early 30's so there is normally a lot more activity

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭lilydonoghue

Just noticed the original poster didn’t get any reply. I wonder where they went in the end.

• Advertisement
Advertisement