Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breast Feeding - Not all that it's cracked up to be

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭sari

Glad you are feeling better and not felling guilty. You gave your baba a grey start and you should be proud.
    I had a really easy bf journey and fed till my boy was 2 1/2 yrs old everyone is different and nobody should be judged

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭newtoboards

Giving Up wrote: »
    Well, I stopped breast feeding. At the 5am feed saturday, it just got to much. The pain was to much (it was worse then labour) and my little man cried and cried coz he just couldn't latch with & without shields.

My baby has been breast feed for 8.5 weeks. He is now on formula and you know what, he is happier. My friend gave me a tommee tippie bottle and he loves it. And, you know what, i'm not as tired, getting more then an hour and a half sleep a night. I can also feed myself which I wasn't as I was to tired. I've dropped over a stone in weight & just wasn't happy in myself.

If I ever have another baby i might try again, as you all said, every child is different. But I won't & don't feel guilty over stopping. I've done all I can to breast feed, but it just wasn't working out.

Formula isn't the worst thing ever, it has its purpose. Both my little man & myself are much happier since saturday. Out of three of us (me & my two friends) only one of us succeeded in Breast feeding. Myself & the other girl have struggled day in & out and have now stopped.

And just to clarify, i'm not a drinker so I didn't stop so I could drink and head out galavanting.

Delighted you're getting some rest. The 8.5 weeks is not to be underestimated so well done you.

Advertisement