Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

SJ 4000 WIFI

• 19-09-2014 8:44am
    Site Banned Posts: 180 ✭✭

How many your guys interested in this action camera? Got you a video, let's see the difference between SJ4000 and upgraded SJ4000 WIFI

Only if you know what the guy is talking about:p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭inchiuvatu

Personally wouldn't be interested in it at all, im always surprised how closely they copy the gopro in design that really irritates me.. in fact thats going into the Grind my gears thread..... im sure it's a grand budget camera for a kid on a push bike but if i go to the effort of recording a trackday or spin out the country i want better quality 1080p at 30fps.

• Site Banned Posts: 180 ✭✭Ibetit

inchiuvatu wrote: »
    Personally wouldn't be interested in it at all, im always surprised how closely they copy the gopro in design that really irritates me.. in fact thats going into the Grind my gears thread..... im sure it's a grand budget camera for a kid on a push bike but if i go to the effort of recording a trackday or spin out the country i want better quality 1080p at 30fps.

I dunno but I think SJ4000 WIFI meet most need, anyway it's much cheaper than Gopro and bulit at really good performance

Max External Card Supported: SD 32G (not included)
    Special Function: Digital zoom, Microphone, AV-OUT, HDMI output
    Working time: 1080P about 70 minutes
    Image Sensor: CMOS 3.0 MP (Aptina0330)
    Digital Zoom : 4X
    Video Resolution : 720P (1280 x 720), VGA (640 x 480), 1080P (1920 x 1080)
    Video Frame Rate: 30fps, 60fps
    Image Resolution : 5M (2592 x 1944), 3M (2048 x 1536), 12M (4032 x 3024), 2M (1920 x 1080), 1.3M (1280 x 960), 10M (3648 x 2736), VGA (640 x 480), 8M (3264 x 2448)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

I have the sj4000 and it does everything I need, shoots In 1080p but I tend to stick to 720. Video quality is very good. I'm sure there are specs the gopro has that this is missing but it ticks all the boxes for normal use. I'd say the wifi version would be a good buy.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I might look at one of these. Could not possibly justify the price difference for the equivalent GoPro I have the original GoPro1 but I dont use it that much - its a pain to use - the 2 and 3 are way easier. Might get one of these instead - since it works with all the mounts and screws I already have.

So whats the overview of this one, and is there any negitives?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

No external mic option, you're stuck with the built in mic unless you try to mod it.

Im not keen on using the helmet mount for commuting because of the shape (wind drag) but this would be the same for the gopro. My Bear Grylls (thanks Wonda)/ MacGyver setup on the mirror stalks works fine for me, this also keeps the speedos out of the image... I dont want anyone to know how slow I am :)

You dont have the same support as you do with a gopro and you're depending on community support/ forums. Ive still found the answer to most questions online though, just no official support from.... erm.... SJ?!

That said, it does everything I want and it was less than 100 yoyos (including a 32 gb card).

• Advertisement

I was about to get one, but....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Ibetit wrote: »
    I was about to get one, but....

But what?

blade1 wrote: »
    But what?

I want to get in at the best price, but I am not sure which one should be :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Ibetit wrote: »
    I want to get in at the best price, but I am not sure which one should be :confused:

Personally, I wouldn't be bothered with wifi.
    Don't want it wasting battery life.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I think you can get some sort of arm mounted remote for wifi. That would be really handy for turning it on and off instead of trying to fiddle with buttons when its mounted at the side of your bike or on top of your lid...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭szatan84

Zascar wrote: »
    I think you can get some sort of arm mounted remote for wifi. That would be really handy for turning it on and off instead of trying to fiddle with buttons when its mounted at the side of your bike or on top of your lid...
    You do get a remote control for wifi and the ability to view footage on smartphones (with an app from the Android market/app store).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Zascar wrote: »

You will need a router to use the wifi, it's not bluetooth :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭szatan84

mrcheez wrote: »
    You will need a router to use the wifi, it's not bluetooth :)

No you will not. The camera acts as an AP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Interesting, but I'd say that's a battery hog, how long does the battery last for on standard vs wifi?

Advertisement