Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House broken into, can we leave?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

I asked for advice NOT your opinion.

Guh. Standard boards.ie response of someone getting arsey just because they don't agree with what someone else has said.

You've received a lot of decent advice her OP. By all means throw the keys back at the landlord but remember he/she is well within their rights to hang on to the deposit.

As others have said, you can get burgled anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 UnluckyInLuck

Mezcita wrote:
    You've received a lot of decent advice her OP. By all means throw the keys back at the landlord but remember he/she is well within their rights to hang on to the deposit.

Maybe if you read over you'll see I never mentioned throwing the keys back at the landlord. I ASKED if it makes any difference to the lease but you're such a rude and unpleasant person you jump down the the throat of someone who has just been robbed blind. It's says alot about the nasty kind ofbperson you are. I'm no longer going to waste time on you.

Thank you to all who gave genuine advice and gave facts, not opinions I didn't ask for.

Thank you very much. Seems alot on this thread have no idea what we are going through as a family and I hope they never have to. Time to close my account on boards as it seems impossible to get advice anywhere on the site without people forcing an opinion along with it.

i have no advice about breaking your lease, id imagine thats completely based on your landlord, but

seriously OP, this is something you need to get over, no offence!
    what if you owned the house? would you move out straight away and put the house on the market?

honestly you can get burgled absolutely anywhere in the country.

i live in dublin, i have been burgled twice in two completely different areas.
    my mother lives alone in the country, a very quiet area, she got burgled, but the very same night she was determined to stay in the house on her own, because she knew if she didnt, she would be afraid to stay there forever more.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Folks cut out the snide remarks and quit personalising your posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Kelly06

First of all op, very sorry to hear about your break in. I know how it feels, it happened to me and it really is incredibly hard to get over! I would move if I was you, appeal to the landlord and maybe offer to cover the re advertisement fees or something.

Legally the other posters are correct in saying that you can't break the lease, but with emotions running high the way they are I can understand you couldn't give a flying f*ck about that! Maybe your landlord is a decent sort and will understand.

My break in was 2 years ago and the place still doesn't feel like home on the two occasions since then that I came home and the alarm was going off I sat in the car terrified to go into the house. :( I own my home so I didn't have the option to leave .

Did you call the landlord and ask to meet with him/her?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Maybe if you read over you'll see I never mentioned throwing the keys back at the landlord. I ASKED if it makes any difference to the lease but you're such a rude and unpleasant person you jump down the the throat of someone who has just been robbed blind. It's says alot about the nasty kind ofbperson you are. I'm no longer going to waste time on you.

Thank you to all who gave genuine advice and gave facts, not opinions I didn't ask for.

Wish I could thank this twice.

Fine line between your interpretation of the words "advice" and "opinions" it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

Obviously the OP has no interest in listening to any advice or "opinion" that does not conform to his/her view.

OP - go ahead and do what you want - if you do'nt want to listen to people's advice/opinion because it does not match what YOU want to do, it will come back at you. In any case what was the point of your query? - Just waiting for one person to tell you what you want to hear?

Basic manners and politeness will get you a lot further in life than having an attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

The OP has been banned so I'm locking this up

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement